Oos tuition waiver with scholarship

<p>I have just heard that you get OOS tuition reduced to in-state if you get a scholarship, are there any other schools that offer this deal besides U of 'Bama?</p>

<p>i know a some in tx like a&m and houston</p>

<p>i don’t think this is the case unless something has changed… some of the OOS scholarships are for, for example 3500 per year. this does not get you in state tuition.</p>

<p>Im not talking about the scholarship directly, for instance, at University of Houston if you get 1k or more in scholarships then they adjust the tuition to an in-state rate for OOS kids</p>

<p>[url=&lt;a href=“Scholarships - University of Houston”&gt;Scholarships - University of Houston]Scholarships[/url</a>]</p>

<p>im looking for waivers like that one ^
(look at the OOS section)</p>

<p>utdallas does that but i dont think ua does?</p>

<p>jbeezie- I am not sure what state you are from, but some states have in state tuition agreements with other state schools too. You can find the info through one of your state government sites, or state board of ed usually. That may help you too. </p>

<p>Otherwise, you may have to look at each school individually to see who has the waiver opportunity for you to apply to. I looked at the link you have posted, and it looks like that is a competitive “scholarship” type of option. But it does not really tell you what the criteria is, only that there are limited waivers available. That could be anywhere from 1 to 1000. You may want to explore your chances of actually getting one of the waivers and what criteria is that you need to meet to qualify.</p>

<p>Alabama does NOT give you instate tuition if you get a scholarship. Bama gives you what you’re awarded. If you’re awarded the UA scholar, then that’s a little less than instate.</p>

<p>Fewer states are giving instate tuition after a small scholarship award. I don’t think UT does it anymore. I’m not sure if TAMU limits the number or not.</p>

<p>What are your stats?</p>

<p>mom2collegekids - sorry but just wondering about schools that lower out-of-state tuition for this certain rule, i know there are many other scholarships out there that are good but for this thread im just wondering about this particular waiver type</p>

<p>vlines- im from texas lol, we have an agreement with arkansas but idk anything else.</p>

<p>you guys know any other schools that do this besides Houston and A&M?</p>