Opting in Monday

<p>I saw an email about opting in for SEC championship tickets, and wonder if son should opt it. Will the game be during the school year, or will it be after exams are finished?</p>

<p>Is it going to be played in Atlanta?</p>

<p>I am so na</p>

<p>he can always opt in and then change his mind later.</p>

<p>Montegut: The game is between dead week and finals week. He can only opt in for a ticket for himself. And yes, it’s in Atlanta. My son, who attended last year’s game, said it takes around 95 UA hours to be eligible for a ticket.</p>

<p>Since son is only two classes short of graduating, I’m figuring he’ll be eligible for a ticket. Just don’t know if he’d be able to use it if it’s right before exams. Another grueling semester. Would hate to take a ticket away from someone who can use it. That’s why I was wondering if he could get a ticket and donate it to another needy student if they want it, like he’s been doing most of the semester because of school work commitments.</p>

<p>You, in theory, could donate the ticket. But, you would need to drive to Atlanta to pick up that ticket and physically hand it off to someone.</p>

<p>You could stay for the tailgating, however.</p>

<p>Montegut: the hours for tickets are only hours completed at UA and don’t include AP or this semester. My D only has 3 classes left for graduation, but technically only has 89 UA completed hours and doesn’t think she will be eligible for the first round of tickets. She is hoping they will have a second round and she can get one!</p>

<p>The SEC Championships are the best! We lived in Atlanta for years and went to them. Besides the game ATL usually has their Christmas parade right in the CNN area. There is also a great fan zone prior to the games that gave away free stuff, had the bands, pep rallies at the Georgia Center. We just purchased our tickets from people selling them on the streets.</p>

<p>So the ticket isn’t put on your Action Card or you don’t pick it up on campus?</p>

<p>Haven’t talked to son yet this weekend if he’s going to opt in or not, but wanted to get some answers in case he expresses an interest in opting in tomorrow.</p>

<p>He should have gotten an email explaining the process for tickets.</p>

<p>Thank you! I’ll tell him to reference that if he has any questions, but I think he’s probably already deleted the email. However, he had a great time last night and he likes Atlanta, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he changed his mind.</p>