Optional SSAT scores worth sending?

SSAT scores in: Child applying to all the top ranked schools. Need to send to those that require them (done). Debating if should send to optional schools: 95% overall; 92% verbal; 94% quant; 93% reading - the writing piece was NOT good, nor reflective of writing. If we call the schools to ask - will they tell us just to send them because they just want them, or will they counsel in child best interest. And is it better to send these or not? Other application pieces we believe are very strong. Thank you

I would. I think this score is a positive factor for any school.
Unless your other parts of application really outshine this score or tell a different story, although I doubt what that would be.

This thread looks like a duplicate. Send the scores.

Remember that nobody is admitted because of scores - they are simply used to determine if the applicant looks like they can do the work. This would say yes (assuming decent grades) and move the application into the pile for consideration.

3 Likes

Thank you very strong student and application. Was just worried about the writing piece of the SSAT that was not strong and if the scores still made it worth sending for the optional schools.