Optometrist

<p>Does anyone have any recommendations for an optometrist near campus. I didn’t realize my son’s prescription had expired and now he needs more contacts. He lives on campus and doesn’t have a car. Life would be easy if they had one at the student health center, but alas, they don’t have one.</p>

<p>I asked one of our employees with family in the area for eye and dentist recommendations.</p>

<p>The optometrist they recommended was Martin Family Eye on Mally St</p>

<p>edti: Just looked on a map, it is not anywhere near walking distance :(</p>

<p>The Target in Tuscaloosa has an optometry department. Not exactly on campus but they do have weekend hours and he could take the Crimson Ride.</p>

<p>If you find an optometrist that is reasonably close, what about using the Gotcha Ride? It goes anywhere within 4 miles from campus at no charge (tips only). You call them, they pick you up. Here’s an article from the Crimson White:</p>

<p>[The</a> Crimson White | GOTCHA offers students free rides, entertainment](<a href=“Announcements for 7/22/2010 - The Crimson White”>Announcements for 7/22/2010 - The Crimson White)</p>

<p>They also have a FB page: The Gotcha Ride - Alabama</p>

<p>There is also Zip Car available for those that do have a license, no car and don’t need one all the time.</p>

<p>I never heard about the Gotcha ride, that’s great. Thanks!</p>