Oregon Loses!

<p>So what happens if Arkansas beats LSU?</p>

<p>Bama would go to sec title game and we’d need to win it to be in national championship game. Actually easier for us if lsu beats ark. Than all we need to do is beat the barn and we’re in.</p>

<p>But I thought that LSU would still go to the Championship game unless it was ranked five levels below Bama. Please clarify this. Who gets to go to the SECCG?</p>

<p>In the SEC, they throw out the third ranked team and it goes to a straight head-to-head tiebreaker between the top two teams. If Arkansas beats LSU, we’re assuming LSU would drop to below both Bama and Arkansas. Then, since Arkansas and Bama would be within 5 spots of each other in the BCS, it goes to a straight head-to-head between the two teams, which goes to Alabama. It won’t happen this season, but if the top team is 5 spots ahead of the second team, then there is no tiebreaker and the top team goes to the conference championship game.</p>

<p>So the five spots thing only applies to the top two teams. If LSU loses to Arkansas, they’ll drop behind both and are completely out of the equation.</p>

<p>It depends on whether Arkansas would jump UA and whether LSU would drop below UA. If Arkansas beats LSU, it’s possible that UA could get shut out of the SEC and BCS title games.</p>

<p>UA dropped a spot after losing to #1 LSU by a field goal in overtime. There’s no way LSU stays ahead of Bama if they lose. I think we’re in really good shape as long as we take care of our own business and beat Auburn.</p>

<p>NJ, the hubs said the same, we want the Hogs to lose. As much as I don’t want to hear it, it’s the best scenario for Bama. It gives the TIDE a week off. It’s worth the sacrifice of the SEC Champ to go in strong for the BCS game.</p>

<p>Roll Tide! Let’s just kick the War Eagle chanters back in the barn. That will make ALL of us very HAPPY! The bottle of bubbly is chilling…</p>

<p>Once again, all of this late night football has me a little puffy eyed in the morn. It’s all good. The TIDE love grows :)</p>

<p>Well I wish I understood everything y’all are saying about how Bama could/will get to the BCS game. </p>

<p>All I know is that I have never watched so many football games in one day! So exciting. Looks like Bama has a great shot and I for one am thrilled!</p>

<p>Roll Tide Roll!!!</p>

<p>I was at a restaurant with some sorority sisters in Seattle Wa…we had the waiter bringing us updates every 5 minutes along with text messages from my dear friend in Indiana…when OU and the Ducks went down…we all jumped up and yelled “Roll Tide” (even though my sisters had no ties to Bama)…everyone just turned and stared. Our waiter then stood on a chair and said " Come guys this lady’s heading to the National Championship"…now give us a “Roll Tide”…the entire restaurant stood and yelled “Roll Tide”…needless to say the guy got a great tip…</p>

<p>lol that is awesome, ahpimommy. We just take care of business next saturday and we are indeed heading to the National Championship game.</p>

<p>I am oh so glad I bought those Bama ticket reserves for $85 each back in the spring. They are now selling for $700. The 3 extras I bought are now sold and will pay for my entire trip :-)</p>

<p>What a great morning. Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>NJ, are you going to the Iron Bowl this year? I have always wanted to get a ticket to the game in Auburn. I have been to the last three in Tuscaloosa, but it would be fun to see Auburn lose in Auburn.</p>

<p>Wow what an amazing series of games this weekend. First Iowa State, then USC, then Baylor, and NC State. Our dorm erupted in cheers after the end of the USC game. We were all so happy, it’s basically a ticket for Bama to the NCG! </p>

<p>All Bama needs to do is beat Auburn. College GameDay has just announced they are going to Auburn for the Iron Bowl. I’m excited! :D</p>

<p>The ONLY thing that could have made this morning better was if Stanford had lost last night and made Trent a shoe in for the Heisman!!! Before last night Luck was still ahead of Richardson…</p>

<p>I think RGIII’s popularity for the Heisman may have gone up a bit…maybe not high enuf to win, but enough to be a possible.</p>

<p>Trent needs a couple big plays next week to keep him as a strong contender.</p>

<p>m2ck, Trent helped his case this weekend! Breaking Shaun Alexanders record was a plus in addition to his rushing yards! I agree, a good performance against the BARN might seal the deal!!!</p>

<p>Will the Alabama place kickers be up for a possble rematch? That will probably be the difference once again because of such great defenses. Not sure how you can have world-class athletes at all the positions but then have question marks in the kicking game.</p>