Orientation checklist for Bama Bound

<p>Lots of great info for you before you go to Bama Bound.</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Parent Programs](<a href=“http://parentorientation.ua.edu/poChecklist.cfm]Student”>http://parentorientation.ua.edu/poChecklist.cfm)</p>

<p>Definitely sign up for the PENPALS program: Parent Email Notification Program. This service provides e-mail notifications that share timely and essential information, deadlines, and Parents Association announcements related to your student. </p>

<p>Those folks that go to the May 16 BB, please let us know how it goes for you and your D or S.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>What a handy page! Thanks for posting it – I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed and a checklist is just the thing to keep me sane!</p>

<p>What should I bring to Bama Bound?
We recommend you dress casually and comfortably. In the winter, bring a jacket and dress in layers to accommodate for fluctuations in the weather and central heating. </p>

<p>Other items you should bring include:</p>

<p>■Bama Bound confirmation mailer with temporary parking pass
■Comfortable walking shoes
■Financial aid documents (parents’ tax returns, etc.)
■Pen and paper
■Campus Wide Identification Number (CWID)
■Photo identification (driver’s license, military ID, etc.)
■Proof of immunization if not already provided to the University
■Umbrella or raincoat
■Any special admission documents
In addition, students staying overnight for summer programs should bring the following items:</p>

<p>■An overnight bag and toiletries
■Twin bed linens and towels
■An alarm clock
■Gym clothes/tennis shoes, swim suit for Student Recreation Center visit (freshmen sessions only) and beach towel.</p>

<p>Linens are available for student rental through the Office of Housing and Residential Communities during Bama Bound. The cost is $10.00 per linen set and they are available onsite at residence hall check-in.</p>

<p>Great info m2ck</p>

<p>I was thinking that linens were supplied. You don’t need to reserve these in advance? They take cash I presume? Does it include a towel. What do they do a the rec center? There is a pool party right?</p>

<p>Don’t need to reserve linens in advance and IIRC it included a towel. Pool party at night, also had board games there etc. Bunch of us (parents) hung out on main floor of the dorm and had a little party of our own!</p>

<p>If your a parent staying in the UA housing, linens are provided: “Linens that are included for parents and guests include: sheets, blanket, towel, hand towel, washcloth and bath mat.”</p>

<p>Good to know, since S is flying down alone I’m sure he’d like to pack light.</p>

<p>For some students who want to bring their own bedding, sometimes it’s easier just to bring a sleeping bag and pillow…no bed to make…just put the bag on the mattress. :)</p>

<p>Even tho it will be hot outside, the rooms can be quite cool from A/C.</p>