Orientation late means no classes?

<p>Look i have to go on vacation out of country. so ill be gone as soon as senior graduation.
if u sign up for the later spots in orientation does it mean you get very bad classes?
i will be majoring in general engineering if that helps.
also when do we need to purchase the tablets and books?</p>

<p>I think they keep spots in classes fror later orientations. The real problem is that a lot of classes have been filled up by students in the Spring.</p>

<p>They'll hold some spots open for the required classes, and most freshman engineers are taking the same thing anyway so you're going to end up in the same classes, just possibly at times other people didn't want, though I think they keep spots open for different time slots too. I think you only get one elective first semester freshman year anyway so that won't be a big deal.</p>

<p>Once you register and get your classes and find out your professors you can get on the VT bookstore website and see what books you need. Then take the ISBNs that they give you and plug them into amazon/ebay/whatever else and buy them online for much cheaper than the bookstore will sell them. Buy the tablet whenever you want, but I'd recommend getting it from the bookstore and getting the longest warranty possible since they can repair it on-site for free WHEN it breaks.</p>