Orientation

<p>I like to plan. Is orientation the same as Bama bound? I pulled these from the parent site that y’all recommended.</p>

<p>May 16- Early Honors
May 27- Freshman Express 1
May 31-June 1- Freshman 1 (Honors & Blount)
June 2-3 Freshman 2 (Honors & Blount)</p>

<p>What is Freshman Express? I would say we may have to do early honors as the rest pretty much run into graduation which is the first week of June. They have finals in March so that won’t be an issue. Is it too early to sign up? Do the early dates fill up early?</p>

<p>RT</p>

<p>Bama Bound is UA’s Freshman Orientation.</p>

<p>Freshman Express and Early Honors are the normal 1.5 day Bama Bound sessions compressed into one day and don’t include a night in a dorm (all sessions cost the same price).</p>

<p>Your son is able to choose any Bama Bound session, including those not marked as honors. While I do recommend attending either the Freshman 1 or Freshman 2 sessions, your son’s schedule may necessitate choosing a different session. AFAIK, registration is not yet available, but some dates do sell out quickly. Your son will receive more information about Bama Bound via e-mail and regular mail in a few weeks, probably around March or April.</p>

<p>If your schedule is incredibly tight, you should not feel that you must attend an early Bama Bound session. My son graduated in mid June. He had a conflict with APs that kept him from attending one honors session, and a national tournament from going to the other. That said, he still got the classes he needed and wanted, and his session was not until late June.</p>

<p>^</p>

<p>same. D could not attend until mid/late june and all worked out fine.</p>

<p>* I would say we may have to do early honors as the rest pretty much run into graduation which is the first week of June. They have finals in March so that won’t be an issue. Is it too early to sign up? Do the early dates fill up early?</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Wow…finals are in March??? What do kids do after they have finals?</p>

<p>Yes, love the March finals. That was instituted a couple of years ago for all high school students. Finals in the past started the day after Memorial Day, so that long holiday weekend was always a bummer. Apparently a bunch of prep schools have moved to that saying it gives sufficient preparation for the college final experience. I have really liked it because in the past by that time of year it just brought down my older 2s grades. S2 has used it wisely and it has boosted his grades in most cases.</p>

<p>As far as what they do after, papers & misc stuff. Obviously the “final” is only cumulative until March and they continue to work in preparation for the AP where its an AP class. But I didn’t think about AP prep and the actual tests, so that might make mid/late June more of a possibility for Bama Bound.</p>

<p>I think AP exams are done by the second week of May.</p>

<p>This year, the last AP exams will be held May 13. So, they will not conflict with the early Bama Bounds.</p>