Orientation

<p>Trying to figure out the dates. Thought the two day would be better as well as the honors if S can swing it. Not sure as we get out later up north- early June and with prom, senior trip, graduation and all…</p>

<p>Honors 2 is the last 2 regular days of school (before graduation week)- that would be fine with me, so I will see how big a deal that is. Then I was thinking if he had to go the the regular sessions, there would be less honors students and more access to honors staff, but maybe they are all not there for the regular sessions?</p>

<p>I was thinking of not going, since my H & I have both been there, but I see that it starts at 8 am. I don’t think there is any way to get S there that early from the NorthEast. There is always a connection to Birmingham. He would have to fly in the night before. So now I am thinking I will have to go and rent a hotel to put him up the night prior.</p>

<p>I am sure the hotel of your choice would be more than happy to secure a reservation in your son’s name with your credit card prepaid for the cost of the night’s lodging.
Talk directly to the manager on staff when you book to work out the logistics.
If they don’t want to do it, pick another hotel.</p>

<p>For an extra fee (around $30, IIRC), UA will let him spend an extra night in the dorms either the night before or the night after his Bama Bound session.</p>

<p>Yes, for an extra amount, the students can arrive a day early and stay in the dorms…I think the cost is about $25.</p>

<p>I would try to come to an honors session simply because your student will have more opportunities to meet other honors students.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the info, I think staying the night prior in the dorms will work. As much as I wold like to attend, airfare to Birmingham is very high at $375 each and into Atlanta isn’t much cheaper. I don’t want to spend $1000 for orientation. </p>

<p>It looks like neither of the three honors sessions will work. He’s got prom, senior trip and graduation over respectively during those dates, which is unfortunate. Senior trip…don’t even get me started, it sounds pretty stupid to me. But he has a very close class so they are all going. He is very social so I’m sure he will get along ok. Although I would much prefer he socialize with honors students -lol. I think I will try and steer him into one of the quieter honors dorms.</p>