Orientation?

<p>Are we supposed to bring parents to orientation? I don’t want to be there with a parent, but I also don’t want to be the only person there without a parent!!</p>

<p>yea i have this same question too i dont really wanna bring a parent but i dont wanna feel out of place without one</p>

<p>I was thinking about driving down by myself and getting a hotel, but I was talking to some people at school today and they are all bringing parents.</p>

<p>My son was really glad he went alone. He made a lot of friends who also went alone, and said we would have gotten in the way of that. We had visited the campus in the spring, though, and had a chance to get our questions answered.</p>

<p>How would someone go alone? Just fly there, get from the airport to campus, etc. and be alone for three days when most people have their parents....it seems weird.I think the "go alone" option is mainly meant for in-state kids who can drive to campus fairly easily, but go ahead, correct me if Im wrong.</p>

<p>We are from northern CA, and my son flew down, took the AZ Stagecoach to and from the airport (we had made the trip together in the winter). He stayed in the dorm (I think most of the kids did, too) and didn't have to worry about spending time with us. He managed to register for classes, take the placement tests, and have a lot of fun, and was really looking forward to the start of school in August. He continues to see the other kids he met during orientation, even sharing a house with three of them next year. He is a very outgoing kid, and it might not work for everyone, but he is very happy he went alone on that trip.</p>

<p>For an out of state student, does Arizona, knowing kids are flying in from out of Satte for orientation, have any type of transporattion available from the airport, or is the student left on his or her own (taxi, limo, rental car)</p>

<p>Yeah I started a new thread to ask ^ but I think it is perfectly acceptable for parents to show up. At the UA Up Close EVERYONE has atleast 1 parent there with most having 2. My dad was there and he was more help than hinder. I guess for some shy kids like me, networking doesn't come very easily + I think most ppl I meet are complete children when it comes to their behavior + social skills...so having a parent there for backup is better than being "independent"...I can have 4 years to figure that independent part out.</p>

<p>Well... I am an in-state student, so I can easily drive. I've heard it's pretty much 50/50 when it comes to staying in a dorm or a hotel. I went to the UA Up Close, and yes, everyone had a parent, but this is kind of different. I mean, what do the parents do when their kids are taking all of the placement tests and stuff? I think that I'm going to just go alone.</p>

<p>I'm bringing my dad. We visited campus in feb. and whatnot, but we'll be flying in from socal. I'm not extroverted at all, and we're staying at a hotel. I have four years to be independent, plus my dad was a huge help in feb. I'm sure most OOS students will bring parents.</p>

<p>yea im bringing my mom with me</p>

<p>OK... well seeing as everyone else is bringing a parent, I changed mind and I will too. lol.</p>

<p>I wish I could wear a sign that says "I don't mind talking to new people: obnoxious jerks need not apply"...unfortunately too many people are just that.</p>

<p>Yay we got 1 person to succumb to peer pressure :) Next step is being a crack addict selling baseball cards for quarters.</p>

<p>Most people brought their parents. Don't worry, for a large part the students and parents are split.</p>