OSU Graduate Student Roommate Search

Hi there - my son graduated from OSU in May 2020 and lives/works in Columbus. He’s looking to move to a new apartment and was wondering if there are any bulletin boards or groups for OSU graduate students who might need a roommate and wouldn’t mind living with a young working professional.

Thanks.

There is usually a roommate mega thread pinned by moderators on the OSU reddit page, if you sort by ‘hot’ it is at or near the top.

I’d also try reading through Columbus reddit, often young professionals or graduate students are asking for advice about which neighborhoods are good for young adults if they are planning a move to Columbus.

There is also the off campus osu website. He’ll need his osu.# to view roommate ads.

https://offcampus.osu.edu

I’d encourage him to use osu student legal services to review his lease terms or employment agreements before signing. He might look into whether he is also covered over summer term, it runs annually through July 31. I don’t know how graduation affects eligibility, but students don’t need to be enrolled in classes over summer to be eligible.

1 Like