Other Scholarship Semi-finalists out there?

<p>My S got a letter inviting him to attend a program for semi-finalists for the Colorado College Scholars program on campus March 1-2.</p>

<p>ANYONE else out there?</p>

<p>Isn't that the award that is only for Colorado residents? I live in NC, so I wasn't involved in any of that. Has your son heard about any other merit awards yet? Has anyone? I'm crossing my fingers!</p>

<p>Maybe when regular decisions come out! :) Good luck to everyone waiting.</p>

<p>I have copied the merit based scholarship information from the CC website. I deleted the one for the few Division I sports. There are full tuition for in-state, patrial for all and an additional one for residents of the 5 state area surrounding Colorado. The Barnes scholarships are sciences only. </p>

<p>MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS </p>

<p>Barnes Scholarships. The college has two separate, renewable, full-tuition scholarship programs in the natural sciences. The Otis A. and Margaret T. Barnes Scholarships are available to outstanding first-year students planning to major chemistry (including biochemistry). The Margaret T. Barnes Scholarships are available to outstanding first-year students planning to major in biology, environmental science, geology, mathematics, physics, and psychology (including neuroscience). </p>

<p>Boettcher Scholarships The Boettcher Foundation selects top students who are Colorado residents to receive renewable Boettcher Scholarships. The Boettcher Foundation and Colorado College provide funds equal to full tuition, and an allowance for room, board, books, and supplies. </p>

<p>National Merit Scholarships The National Merit Scholarship? Corporation and Colorado College provide scholarship to National Merit finalists each year. </p>

<p>Trustee Scholarships The college awards a very limited number of four-year $28,000 scholarships, in increments of $3,500 per semester, to excellent students. The college chooses Trustee Scholars based on outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement as determined by the credentials submitted in the application for admission to the college. There is no separate application for this scholarship.</p>

<p>Colorado College Scholars Colorado College offers a scholarship for students from the southwestern United States. The $50,000 scholarship, renewable for four years at $12,500 per year, is available to students from Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas who come from families with an adjusted gross income less than $150,000 annually. While these awards are based on academic merit and require no separate application, parents must verify their income by submitting their most recently completed federal 1040 tax return to the Colorado College financial aid office by February 1. Students selected as finalists will be invited to campus to interview in early spring.</p>

<p>S was accepted about 3 weeks ago ( early write for RD) but hasn't heard anything about any merit aid. They offer very little especially out of the western states area. We are also in NC. I'm doubting there will be any.</p>