Out of state applicant confused about A-G requirements

<p>I’m an out-of-state applicant, so I don’t really understand how the A-G requirements thing works.</p>

<p>Obviously, I’ve already submitted my application, but I started looking online, and now I’m worried I might have done something wrong, so please help me! I want to correct anything as soon as I can.</p>

<p>1) Regarding the math requirement – I took two math classes before high school (Algebra II/Trig, and Geometry), but I don’t remember if there was a place for that on the UC application. It’s on my high school transcript, but we don’t send that in yet. How am I supposed to show those classes? The reason I ask is I got a D on a post-calculus math class that I took in 11th grade, and I think I counted that class as one of my A-G things because I didn’t know you couldn’t count a D? I know you’re supposed to retake the class, but it’s too late for that now. So I’m wondering if I could somehow use the two other classes to somehow replace that one class? Does this make any sense? Basically, I have more than enough math credits, but I don’t know if it matters how they’re spread out.</p>

<p>2) Regarding the visual arts requirement – I got to a science and tech school with really strange ways to get out of doing artsy things. If I take two semester classes related to art during my senior year, does that fulfill the requirement? Because otherwise, my counselor needs to send something about our diploma at my school because to fulfill the arts credit at my school, I can take a computer science class.</p>

<p>Thanks so much! I’m really worried that somehow I’m ineligible for application, and I REALLY hope that’s not true, so help me out. :(</p>

<p>You should be able to add those math courses, I added my Algebra classes from middle school. When it was asking what schools I've attended I added my middle school as one of them, and under classes before High School I put Algebra from that middle school. Did you pass your second semester? If you did then it'll still count, although that D will be tough to overcome.</p>

<p>And yes, art classes taken Sr year do count.</p>

<p>Okay... I don't remember if I entered in my middle school classes though. <em>sigh</em> Is there any way to check?</p>

<p>Also, when they say that they look at 10th and 11th grade classes, does summer school between 9th and 10th grade count as 10th or 9th grade?</p>

<p>Can't say about the middle school, but you should have printed out the app.</p>

<p>Even if you didn’t list the middle school math courses you should be fine. A passing grade in Algebra 2 will validate Algebra 1 (We consider algebra 1 done and give you a year of math even if you didn’t actually take it or took it in the 7/8 grade). Similarly, completing Pre-calculus/Trigonometry (or the equivalent at your school) will validate Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2. If you taken Calculus then we will consider the math requirement satisfied.</p>

<p>AH, thank you so much UCD Admissions! :D</p>