Out of state at Texas Tech?

I’m from a big city in the Midwest. Texas Tech is one of the only schools that has my major and the business school seems great. I saw online that about 90-95% of students are from Texas. Would I feel excluded because I’m one of the only out of state students? At my current school a lot of people knew each other from high school and won’t branch out so I don’t want that to happen at my next school.

Out of state tuition is triple the cost of going in-state. There’s no major, no matter how specific it is, that’s worth that kind of money. The most you can take out in federal student loans for a 4 year bachelors degree is $27k. Your parents pay the rest.

I wouldn’t get hung up on one major or one occupation. That’s how expensive mistakes happen. Shop around with an open mind and choose a school based on what you can afford. There’s a lot of things you can do with a business degree.

@coolguy40, the OP is a college sophomore who is hoping to transfer.

I think you would be fine there. We have lots of friends that go there and a couple have OOS roommates and are great friends. I know the fraternity our friend just pledged had several OOS members