Out of State Financial Aid

<p>How much financial aid do out of state people get? Wisconsin is my top choice, but I live in Maryland and my parents refuse to pay full tuition. I also have law school after college and I'm afraid of taking out too big of a loan. I visited in January and absolutely loved Madison, but I need to know how much out of state merit money they give.</p>

<p>Stats: class of 2011
3.48 or 3.52 GPA (end of year)
4.67 or 4.72 QPA
29 ACT
President of Jewish Youth Group
President of Young Democrats
Class Steering Committee Treasurer
12-season athlete: 2-year captain Cross Country
Captain of Varsity Wrestling (state qualifier, team captain)
Top-10% of my class
vigorous schedule (1 AP sophomore year, 4 AP's junior year, planning 3 AP's senior year)</p>

<p>will have 2 strong recs and I am interning for a political candidate this summer as well as life guarding for my second straight year.</p>

<p>Thank you in advance for the help!</p>

<p>Don’t count on any. Remember this is a state school- we taxpayers aren’t in favor of giving away money to those who didn’t have to pay our high taxes. You first need to get accepted and your stats look average for a UW student (mid 50% range). You should investigate the outside sources available to you. Check on all you can through your guidance office- a local group may give you some. Also check with your local UW alumni chapter for your chances at their scholarships.</p>