Out of State Housing

<p>Generally, where do out of state students get housed? Do we get mixed in with the Wisconsin kids?</p>

<p>Most live on campus with other students from all over. About 5% live in the private dorms which are nicer but mostly OOS kids. Key is to get the housing app in ASAP.</p>

<p>Let me hit you with some knowledge. Don't go to the private dorms unless you are VERY rich. I've been in there and seen people there, most of the guys pop their collars and talk about the ny knicks because there are alot of upper east side New yorkers there (i support only boston teams.) But even if you are wealthy, don't go there anyways because everyone i've met at private housing so far has been a douche bag. University housing is by far the place to go.</p>

<p>haha, yes I would probably not be able to afford the Towers or any other private dorms. The tuition is quite alot for us out of state applicants!!! </p>

<p>How common is it that I would get a nice dorm, like Adams or one of the others on the lake, if I send my housing app in January?</p>

<p>i think it doesnt matter when you send it in. they just mix up all the applicants and then assign the highest ranked dorm granted it has not already been filled up.</p>

<p>If you are not able to get into campus dorms, consider finding a regular apartment as a possibility. Many are both quieter and cheaper than dormitory housing. If you are not already familiar with the site, have a look at Craigslist (<a href="http://www.craigslist.org%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.craigslist.org&lt;/a>, then click on "Madison" in the list of cities on the righthand side of the page, then click on the housing forums in the upper middle of the page) to get ideas for location and price.</p>

<p>I think that you should try to live in official on campus housing if at all possible. It will be noisy, and you will have less privacy but the people that you will meet will be lifelong friends. You're only a freshman once. Go off campus your second year.</p>

<p>Thanks guys!</p>

<p>Liz waters isnt loud at all. There is kind of a joke that its always quiet hours here. That may not sound appealing but if you are looking for the nicest rooms and cafeteria and a quiet dorm, this place is nice. </p>

<p>But with the boys coming next year, who knows what will happpen.</p>