out of state minority

<p>purdue? business school? is it a possibility??? btw, do they look at SAT2s? or engineering???</p>

<p>Chinese, CA resident, 17 years old</p>

<p>SAT: 800M 560V 690W =2050 (flippin sick, sadofboasbdfjsabvjkcxb, sorry i was cleaning my keyboard cuz i threw up on it)</p>

<p>GPA: 3.4 unweighted, about 3.9 weighted (........... no joke)</p>

<p>no class rank but clearly, its gonna be around 25%ile IF that</p>

<p>senior classes: 4 APs (bio econ calc and english)
took us history last year, 3 on the ap test (worth sending the score??)</p>

<p>extras, got about 200 something hours of community service through these programs: </p>

<p>intel rural teachers program: 3 weeks spent in rural china helping english
teachers' oral english. good rec from the headmaster (can we send supplemental recs?) 9hrs a day and i controlled 24 students.</p>

<p>CSM SHanghai internship, 3 weeks of about the same thing, except the students were white collars instead of teachers.. 8hours a day 10 students</p>

<p>junior statesmen of america, two years and im speaker of the house</p>

<p>SAT club president: tutor kids SAT (im just the leader, not the tutor!!, well for math i am)</p>

<p>journalism/yearbook editor in chief (for both), but only in 9th grade. and i wasnt even in the country (studied abroad in china) oh, might as well put that i was also on varsity basketball for 9th grade only</p>

<p>10th grade jv football</p>

<p>private tutor, 10 bux an hour</p>

<p>essays should be legitimate and teacher recs should be above average, if we need teacher recs... wait, do we even need essays?</p>

<p>i think the only thing thats good about my whole application is that few people have the experience that i have... otherwise, say hello to community college!</p>

<p>also, capable of paying full ride</p>

<p>PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ^n respond!!! thanks!</p>

<p>your in easily. Purdue has a great biz school and there is no direct entry to engineering, all freshman are first year general engineering students. They dont really consider SAT's, essays, or recs much.</p>

<p>do they look at SAT2? and do they need counselor reports or what? how selective is the business school?</p>

<p>thanks for the evaluation btw</p>

<p>you have to turn in a basic counselor report just for the school profile and having your transcript sent. Im not sure if they look at sat2's. Do biz school is somewhat competitive but i still think your in. you dont need essays or recs</p>

<p>the basic counselor report... is that like something my school fills out? if so, where can i find it? THAT just made things a lot more confusing...</p>

<p>anyway, thanks for all your help</p>

<p>basic counselor report... you give it to your counselor and they feel it out. It just asks for sat and act scores, gpa, ceeb code, and rank. The counselor can also make any comments that he/she feel necessary. the app is online at <a href="http://www.purdue.edu/Admissions/Undergrad/applying/download_app.shtml%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.purdue.edu/Admissions/Undergrad/applying/download_app.shtml&lt;/a> i think the counselor page should be somewhere in the app download</p>