Out of state scholarships

<p>I've already been accepted to UW and I'm very interested in the school. However, due to their questionable scholarship policies I most likely will not be attending because there are virtually no out of state scholarships. I'm a finalist for a full scholarship at USC, have already received money from ASU and Washington, and I'm counting on some money from Maryland. The fact is Wisconsin is my number one out of these, but they do nothing to try to attract top out of state students, something, USC and Maryland are doing very well.</p>

<p>just wondering... did you get the banner key finalist thing in the mail from maryland?</p>

<p>Let them know, write a letter to them saying "You are my first choice, but I can't afford you. If you do this (give them a money amount), then i'll attend". Force them to throw money your way if they are your #1 choice. Do you qualify for aid? You could get some grants.</p>

<p>I haven't gotten aything from Maryland yet, just an e-mail.</p>

<p>I don't qualify for need based aid whatsoever. But my parents aren't going to pay $20,000-$30,000 if I can go to an equally good school for free. I like your idea though, and maybe I will write them.</p>

<p>My mom didnt even fill out the financial aid form because it asked for too much stuff. She said instead that if I want to go to Madison she will pay the sticker price. Im not sure if I should go yet; but time will tell.</p>