Out of state transfer students

<p>I am going to apply to Alabama for the fall of 2012 semester. I have awhile but I can be accepted after two years at community college. I am 12 hours away from Alabama. Do a lot of transfer students go to bama? Is it easy to find a apartment? Also, does anyone know how to get in touch with the football team. I have a interest in student coaching.</p>

<p>Welcome!</p>

<p>I don’t think you’ll have a hard time finding an apt in 2012.</p>

<p>What state are you in?</p>

<p>I don’t know the exact transfer numbers, but I know that Bama has a good number.</p>

<p>I don’t know how to get involved with student coaching…but, I wish you luck with that. :)</p>

<p>Apartments are plentiful and you’ll have no problem finding a place in 2012.</p>

<p>Not sure what you mean by student coaching. Alabama, like other D1 schools, has a few grad assistants. But these are either former players who want to become coaches or coaches who have been in the game for a while and looking for an opportunity to learn under Saban for a year or so.</p>

<p>If you’re talking about becoming a student football manager then you need to send a letter to the athletic department expressing interest and then interview for a spot. These spots are VERY competitive and only around 20 will be selected out of hundreds of applicants. I’m not sure of the address to send your letter, but you can find contact info for the athletic department on rolltide.com. </p>

<p>Just remember these “jobs” require long hours, great work ethic, and a thick skin. You won’t be doing any coaching or instructing. You’ll be unloading, setting up, and putting away practice equipment, retrieving footballs, getting water/gatorade, and pretty much being a gopher for the coaches and players. </p>

<p>Good luck!!</p>