Out of State Tuition Waivers at Va Tech??

<p>Does anyone know if Virginia Tech ever offers out-of-state tuition waivers to incoming freshmen? For instance, the Univ of South Carolina offers OOS tuition waivers for any freshmen who receive scholarships (even partial scholarships). Are waivers given to students who are picked for the Honors College or for those students who might receive partial scholarships from individual departments/colleges? Thanks!</p>

<p>I don't think so; I have never heard about OOS waivers for Tech. (However, I may be wrong.)</p>

<p>Virginia is a more populated state than SC and therefore Tech could easily fill the freshmen class with very qualify students from just VA. Obviously, they want OOS students for diversity and $$. Why don't you call admissions and ask?</p>

<p>If the program of study which you are going for is not offered in your home state AND it is a participating state (most southern states) you can get in-state tuition through the Academic Common Market (google that for a list of states and programs that are participating.) That's just about the only way other than gaining residency, though.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info! I will check out the academic common market.</p>

<p>Academic</a> Common Market/Regional Contract Program</p>

<p>There's the site. What major is she looking at? If it's engineering you'll need to know that for the first year she WILL NOT get in state tuition, since all engineers are in GE instead of their specific major. After the first year you get in-state though.</p>