Out-of-State Waivers for NMFs Posted in Howdy, Yet?

<p>For those who have received the NMF scholarship package, including the waiver of out of state tuition, have you received any indication in your Howdy Financial Aid portal and in the official award letter that is posted there that shows you have received the waiver? So far, son's tally shows the President's Endowed, the NM Recognition award, and the Engineering award, but our total cost still includes the full amount of out-of-state tuition. Should I be worried?</p>

<p>@yakker. I don’t have access to the portal, but the scholarship letter clearly states that my son is eligible for the OOS tuition waiver. It also shows this on the A&M website as part of the package for all NMF finalists who select A&M as their first choice institution.</p>

<p><a href=“https://scholarships.tamu.edu/national_scholars/national_merit.aspx”>https://scholarships.tamu.edu/national_scholars/national_merit.aspx&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>See the second paragraph.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t worry. Perhaps they have not finalized in-state and OOS tuition so they cannot yet calculate the exact value of the waiver.</p>

<p>Thanks @Beaudreau – You are probably right, inasmuch as tuition has increased, so the value of the waiver probably won’t be known or shown until sometime in the summer. Going to go chill out now. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>@yakker you will get the waiver. For some reason, there seems to always be a big discrepancy as to when things show up on the portal for different students. I have 2 NMF’s there, and even they don’t have their scholarships posted at the same time. But if you are concerned, just call the scholarships and financial aid office. They are helpful and patient!</p>

<p>Thanks, @Barfly. I have to admit that I was a little nervous about it last week when a financial aid adviser at TAMU said, more or less, “Don’t worry. It’ll show up on your bill later.” Right now, the posted “cost of attendance” for son is a little on the high side without the waiver,and I’d hate for him to forego offers at other schools only to find out there’s a glitch with the waiver! It’s nice to hear the confirmation from people who have current sons and daughters there. Another parent PMed me the same message, so, with double confirmation, I’m feeling even better about it! </p>

<p>I’ll echo what Beaudreau said–my son’s letter (received via snail mail within the last 3-4 weeks) clearly states the waiver in his list of benefits. </p>

<p>Check your howdy account - our OOS tuition waiver just posted yesterday (continuing student- different scholarship) Scholarship posted first, then the waiver yesterday. His other Mays scholarship has not yet posted. I feel for you - I remember freshman year & the ‘I really want to see this on the official site’ desire… hope yours has posted now too !</p>

<p>Thanks, I should have mentioned that it all appeared not long after I originally posted – almost as if TAMU was watching this thread! It’s a big comfort actually seeing it all in the system!</p>