Out-Of-State

<p>I REALLY REALLY want to go to Texas A&M. It's one of my dream schools. But I'm an out of state applicant. I really want to go there but they have a really low out of state acceptance rate I heard. So what can I do to boost my chances of getting accepted? Thanks </p>

<p>Top quarter and 1300 math/reading, then your automatically in</p>

<p>Adding to what Fuffy24 said, apply as early as possible (read: the first day the application opens) and, in addition to the 1300, there are minimum requirements for each section of the SAT. Another route would be a composite score of 30 or higher on your ACT and there are minimum requirements for those scores as well. I have two daughters there and they love it! Good luck!</p>

<p>@Fuffy24‌ but my school doesn’t do rankings so how will that work out?</p>

<p>The low OOS acceptance rate really applies to the review candidates. OOS students are eligible for the academic admit category under the same criteria as in-state. However,the top 10% ranking admission is ONLY for Texans. </p>

<p>Review candidates consider everything for admissions, rank/score makes up 50% of the decision, the other 50% is essays, EC, achievements/leadership, interest (that one is tough for OOS, apply early counts here), recommendations, etc. It is very competitive to get one of the review admits since so many students qualify for top 10% & academic admission. If you cannot qualify for top 25% ranking by the end of your junior year, you need to work on all of the ‘other’ items on the list to boost your chances. </p>

<p>Here’s a link to the the charts with a breakdown of applicants & what type of admission they received from a previous thread, <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1676831-class-of-2018-offers-of-admission-breakdown.html#latest”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1676831-class-of-2018-offers-of-admission-breakdown.html#latest&lt;/a&gt; Good luck!</p>

<p>They’ll rank you themselves </p>