Outdoor action and rushing

<p>Is it possible to do both?</p>

<p>It’ll be very hard. Technically yes it’s possible as in they’ll accommodate your schedule, but I wouldn’t do it unless you have a really strong reason for wanting to do Outdoor Action. Keep in mind that there will be similar volunteer things you can do later in the year, like going on an alternative break.</p>

<p>I would not advise it. DS did OA and with the physical work and weather, it is very draining.</p>

<p>Recruitment is very draining and requires being on top of your game. Any distraction would be detrimental, and could possibly ruin your mani/pedi.</p>

<p>I agree with the group. Recruitment is about meeting members and making connections. If you aren’t at all of the parties this is more difficult. Panhellenic will have an even,ing event for girls with conflicts where you will meet and talk with members from each sorority. If you cannot attend any other parties then the sororities will make the decision to issue a bid based on that one encounter and your recs and resume. While not impossible, it makes for a much tougher road. I know that there are a few who have chosen this route and have been successful in receiving bids but if you were my daughter I would advise against it.
In addition, we are yet again anticipating a huge recruitment. I would suggest that you choose one or the other.
Remember that “Get on Board Day” will happen right after school begins and as a sorority pledge you will be asked to join at least 2 groups. Your sorority will give you many opportunities to volunteer, there are a variety of mission type trips available and also opportunities during the school year in Tuscaloosa itself.</p>

<p>The opportunities to participate in philanthropic activities are extremely numerous, and my DD has had rides to these provided either by her sorority via a bus, or from upperclassmen sisters via private car. It is really a matter of narrowing down what to do, not one of finding opportunities.</p>

<p>DD has had some amazing and memorable adventures while participating in charity events.</p>

<p>My DD did Alabama Action her freshman year and greatly enjoyed it. It was a wonderful, fulfilling experience! However, she felt as though she was still missing something in her over-all college experience and decided to participate in sorority recruitment her sophomore year. She was also selected as a sophomore to be a leader for Alabama Action. She was forthright from the beginning (starting in March) with both Panhellenic and Alabama Action about her situation. Both organizations were supportive and willing to assist her to do both – I would even say encouraging. However, as recruitment got closer and schedules finalized, the understanding and support from Alabama Action did change. She believed she tried her best to resolve the conflicts, but it ultimately came to a point where she needed to make the choice between the two. Panhellenic was honest and the most supportive of her and in the end she chose recruitment over Alabama Action. It was a very difficult decision – heart-wretching in many ways. She had a very successful and enjoyable rush! Absolutely no regrets regarding her decision. PM me if you have any additional questions. Best wishes!</p>