Outdoor Action - Override Code at Bama Bound

<p>My son is signed up for Outdoor Action. However, at Bama Bound, does he need some sort of override code to register for the course?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>Saw this on the “Outdoor Action 2011” facebook page:
“Fran Oneal
Thinking about your fall schedule? Remember to register for UH 104, Outdoor Action.”</p>

<p>I am aware of the need to register for the course at Bama Bound. My question/issue is how does the registration system distinguish between those that have previously signed up for the course to prevent some random student from signing up for the course at Bama Bound? My recollection from reading this Board is that you were given some sort of override code to register for the course online at Bama Bound, but can’t seem to find such code.</p>

<p>I can’t find any kind of code either. I am hoping they already have the names in the system for the advisor to see when the student registers.</p>

<p>If you email Dr. Oneal, she’ll probably quickly answer.</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:foneal@ua.edu”>foneal@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Not outdoor action but when lil bro got an override for his ARH - 151 class last semester the code was already in the system for him. </p>

<p>I would imagine the system is the “smart” and will only allow those who signed up for outdoor action to register for the class.</p>

<p>Reply below from outdoor action facebook from another student who had difficulty registering…</p>

<p>Fran Oneal: I need to go through add give each of you an “override” for the course. It keeps out students who haven’t applied and pre-reigstered. You couaght me off guard by coming to early Orientation! I’ll let you know when you’re able to register.
7 minutes ago</p>

<p>DD figured out the below on Tues. when trying to sign up for OA at BB and had some initial difficulty …she posted what worked for her on the OA facebook and got a reply back that it did work for someone else so we thought we would post here too…</p>

<p>when i was at bama bound i had a similar issue (not getting in to the UH 104 course) then i tried this which worked for me…if you have UH 104 looked up for Fall 2011, then at the bottom there are 3 options, click register, it will bring you to another page with your other classes, at the bottom there is a section that says CRNs with a bunch of blank boxes to fill in underneath, if you enter 44113 (the CRN for UH 104) in one of those boxes then click submit changes it should work, i hope this helps!</p>

<p>Reply by another OAer earlier tonight: … yes it worked! thanks so much that was a great help :)</p>

<p>Just FYI – K got a letter in the mail yesterday with specifics about clothing, reading, etc. Also a waiver form and emergency medical form. She still doesn’t technically have it on her schedule but I’ll get her to try again today.</p>

<p>AA- S’s advisor told him that the honors college would have to register him later. Does anyone know the code for AA or had any success registering?</p>

<p>We had the same problem registering for AA and Paying4collegex4 posted this in response:</p>

<p>“Just successfully added Alabama Action via the drop/add page (which was the procedure that we had previously been told to use, didn’t work and were told to “keep trying.” ) BamaMomof3 – you use the CRN on the drop/add page. You cannot register through the normal course selection procedure. I am assuming that it matches up the approved students and allows those who are approved to register.”</p>

<p>It worked for us!</p>