Outstanding Auto Lube Experience

<p>So our car got a warning lite on the way to T-town about the oil, so Saturday I stopped by Blue Moon on McFarland for a pulled pork sandwich and spied Express Lube just next to them on 15th. I pulled up to their lube bay, and had the most wonderful experience.</p>

<p>The nice mechanic, Keith, looked the car over, examined my maintenance records, topped off the oil, topped off the brake and windshield fluids, and determined it was just a mileage-based idiot light (which had had me terrified given the looming long drive home).</p>

<p>Three guys there came over to help check my car. They checked everything out to make sure it was okay.</p>

<p>They were all very nice. They were concerned about making sure the car was road-worthy.</p>

<p>And when I pulled out my credit card, they would not let me pay. “Oh no mam, we didn’t do anything”</p>

<p>Give your business to Express Lube. We sure will in the future.</p>

<p>My son had a similar experience. He went to Express Oil Change on Rice Mine Rd. They figured out he was an out-of-state- college kid at UA and went out of their way to take care of him. I am very happy to hear these businesses taking good care of our kids.</p>

<p>We’ve used that Express Lube as well. brand new bldg after tornado. Very nice facility.</p>

<p>OK. Because I am about six mentally sometimes, especially when paired with a certain someone – all day long I (we) have been snickering about this post.</p>

<p>“I pulled up to their lube bay, and had the most wonderful experience.”</p>

<p>“Three guys!”</p>

<p>“Oh no mam, we didn’t do anything” (picturing the bubble over TxArchitect’s head thinking “oh YES you did!”)</p>

<p>I swear, I will never be able to get my oil changed with a straight face ever again. Outstanding Lube Experience indeed!</p>

<p>Tuscaloosa is indeed a magical place.</p>

<p>My fifty four-year-old self was actually CARDED for a beer purchase at Blue Moon. I was so titilated that I actually texted my DH about having (apparently yet another) wonderful T-Town experience! ;-)</p>

<p>TXArchitect: Your post made my day, I really needed the laugh. I know it was all in my pervy brain but it was SO sweet and funny. Titillated AND lubed in one day - you lucky girl! Please, PLEASE let me and Class2012 come along on your next trip - we promise to behave. Well, not really. :)</p>

<p>And yet, somehow the term “pulled pork” escaped mention…</p>

<p>Lol! Lol! Lol!</p>

<p>You win!</p>

<p>(2012Mom just wet her pants.)</p>

<p>Behave y’all !!!</p>

<p>Our kids could be reading this :)</p>

<p>I thought it was quite a hoot myself, and I laughed along as well. I think a little adult humor now and then is just fine, and the moderation here is a bit too strict. We are kidding ourselves if we think our kids will not see and experience far more during their enrollment! Thanks for the laugh!</p>

<p>I just love this forum!! And I soooo want to be a part of the next meet & greet in T-town … thinking it has to be at Blue Moon! :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Just so you know, the 'ol CR-V will need it’s oil changed next week while in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Personally, I CAN’T WAIT!!!</p>

<p>Class2012Mom, I needed that laugh after reading the NMF scholarship thread from start to finish in one sitting. Crikey!</p>

<p>TxA, did you mean Full Moon for BBQ? Perhaps when it comes to lube jobs, blue moon is on the brain because for you, lube jobs only happen once in a … ?</p>