Overlapping admittance in the UCs

<p>Is there any data on this? As in what % of students are admitted into UCI/UCLA are also admitted to other UCs and so on…</p>

<p>Anecdotally, people admitted to more selective UC’s are also admitted to the less selective ones. Statistically, I haven’t seen any data floating around. I’d imagine it’d be difficult to coordinate between all of the campuses.</p>

<p>I’ve been told that if you get into UCB, you are unlikely to also get into UCLA. I even know one student who only applied to one of these this year to show his commitment. Do you all think there’s any truth to this?</p>

<p>@collegetime18 I’ve never heard of that before. I was admitted to both Berkeley and UCLA back when I was in high school, and I know several who were also admitted to both. I knew one student who was admitted to UCLA but not Berkeley, but both were probably reach schools for her. Obviously, it’s a small sample size, but in my experience, it certainly wasn’t the case that people who were admitted to Berkeley tended to not be admitted to UCLA. It’s likely that it’s just anecdotal evidence that turned into a myth. Unless something has changed drastically since I was in high school (and I doubt it), I certainly don’t think it’s worth changing which schools you apply to.</p>

<p>I’ve heard the UCB/UCLA thing too. </p>

<p>However, I know students who were admitted to both, so I think it’s in the category of urban legend. </p>

<p>Seems unlikely that there is any communication between UCB and UCLA about who they will admit.</p>