Overnight at Bama Bound

<p>DD and I are flying in the evening before BB begins and are planning on staying together in the hotel. DD is signed up to stay in the dorm after the first full day of BB. Are there activities she will be missing by not staying in the dorms on the night preceding BB? Thanks</p>

<p>No, there were no activities in the dorms the night before Bama Bound.</p>

<p>There are no official events planned the night before Bama Bound starts, but many students will go around and meet the other students attending that Bama Bound session. If your D has been talking with students who attending the same Bama Bound session, she might want to meet up with them the night before Bama Bound.</p>

<p>No set activities, but socially I was very happy to have stayed in the dorm the night before BB.</p>

<p>You will hear the “roots and wings” talk at BB. This is a time to give your D wings. There will be a large group of kids staying in the dorm. They will gather in the game room. While not official, it’s a great opportunity to meet other students and I’d encourage her to stay in the dorm.</p>

<p>I definitely gave my daughter her wings (all the way from Colorado to Alabama) for Bama Bound. She had a blast and especially enjoyed the first night in the dorm with the other out of state kids. I honestly don’t think we even crossed her mind while she was there. She is ready to fly solo and I am here to catch her if need be.</p>

<p>They will gather in the game room</p>

<p>Yes, they will! :)</p>

<p>Second floor, North Tower. It will be a blast…just show up.</p>

<p>Ok, I am convinced… thanks</p>

<p>We arrived the night before and checked in right at 4pm. D had a blast meeting kids, playing games and just talking. A large group of them even got adventuresome and headed out to the strip for some ice cream. LOL Yah, they were all about being ‘college students’.</p>

<p>It was fun to watch them fly out of the nest…</p>