PACE Class of 2027

Did anyone else receive a PACE offer tonight? My son was full expecting to get CAP so he hasn’t thought much about UT at all during this application process. We are now shocked and pleasantly surprised at the PACE offer.

I’d love for someone who has knowledge on PACE or has been through it to help us go through the pros and cons!!!

Hi! I am currently in the class of 2026 and I was also admitted into the PACE program. It’s honestly really interesting and has personally made my freshman college experience much easier. You essentially take 4 classes at ACC and 1 class at UT. All your classes just fulfill your core requirements, like the classic english and history requirements. If you complete both semesters with a good grade, you’re fully admitted into UT Austin (it’s really not that hard to do in my opinion). It is also half the price of attending UT (tuition, board is still the same unless you live at home).

What sucks is that you can’t take any upper division classes for your major until you finish the program and you’re considered an undeclared major until you do. You get access to all the same benefits that a normal UT student would have, just not the same classes.

I’d be happy to answer any other questions you might have about PACE.

2 Likes

Thanks! We sat through the Zoom meeting for PACE last night. It was very informative and thorough. My son really connected with some of what was shared by the PACE student mentors. I think he’s about 90% ready to commit when the PACE contract opens up on Feb 17th! :crossed_fingers:

Just paid the enrollment deposit…it’s official…he’s Gone To Texas! :metal:t4::orange_heart:

2 Likes