Package pick ups

<p>Does anyone know if there is a way for son to have someone else pick up a package for him at Paty or USPS? He is in OA this week, and we need to send something to him that he needs. Since he is not on campus, he can’t get to the package centers. </p>

<p>Thanks for any experience with this.</p>

<p>Oh, and just read that there is no package pick up at Ferg on Saturdays, only mail in boxes on Saturdays. Just as an FYI for others.</p>

<p>I don’t know the answer. My son is doing AA and they have a couple of hours free time in the afternoon. If no one else has a better suggestion, maybe you can send it to my son and he can pick it up for you. He does have a PO Box. I will warn you about one thing, though. We ordered my son something from Amazon which was delivered at 10 am in Friday according to the tracking info. We were at the PO at 3:45 on Friday to get his stuff and there was not a slip in his box for the Friday package. I am wondering if those slips get in there in a timely manner.</p>

<p>we had 5 small item sent from amazon to POB prior to arriving. Only 4 slips on arrival. Wondering if it is lost in the back. It is printer ink, so not cheap stuff.</p>

<p>It is very common to pick up friends’ packages. As long as you have the yellow slip(s) and know the name that the package is addressed to, you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>As for there not being an accurate number of yellow slips, tell the USPS employees and they’ll go in the back and look around for the package. Sometimes the yellow slips take a couple hours to arrive depending on workload. It is not unheard of for the Ferg Post Office to get 300-500 packages in one day on busy days. Note that Valentine’s Day is a busy time because, as one of the USPS employees is fond of saying, “your momma is going to send you something for Valentine’s Day.”</p>

<p>we did not realize that it was missing until after the PO closed. So DS will get to the PO when he can. Did I see that the PO will be opened on the weekends for move in? I think Paty is too? I believe that info was on the move in flyer with the parking pass we received in the mail. but since we used that, and threw it away, I cant find it anymore!</p>