Pamplin Insider

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>My questions is how do you guys see Pamplin in comparison to GMU's School of Management? I am deciding between the two and both have some great aspects, but I wanted an insider's perspective to Pamplin. </p>

<p>I am a finance major looking to work in investment banking. If you know GMU's SOM, please do share. I am taking everything into consideration into this decision (e.g. student life, cost, internships, etc.)</p>

<p>Great question!! I’m wondering the same thing between Pamplin & JMU’s CoB. So I’ll like the see the feedback.</p>

<p>Hey, I am currently a student at GMU’s SOM. I applied for transfer as a junior to Vtech’s Pamplin and Illinois’ COB and JMU’s COB.</p>

<p>For Vtech, JMU, and GMU ranking, I would say (1)Vtech or JMU, (2) GMU</p>

<p>In my 2 years at Mason, I didn’t really like it. Their business program is not the best. They have some great professors but they also have some lazy, non-business major professors. Their program has lots and lots of students so it is hard to get the good professor since they fill up so fast and you’ll be on a 30+person waitlist.
For the finance program, I heard it was decent, but I am sure Vtech or JMU is better.
For the accounting program, half of the professors there suck! (I’m an accounting major and half of the professors can’t teach worth a damn. They are great and very smart researchers, but terrible teachers.)</p>

<p>In terms of students, most of the students there are not your typical college student. About half are over the age of 25 and have a full time job, so you won’t find many motivated and dedicated college students. </p>

<p>HOWEVER, in terms of recruiting for companies, you’ll have the same companys come to GMU as Vtech or JMU. Like for accounting majors, the Big4 does recruit at Mason but only a few gets the jobs.</p>