Panda Express with Drive thru being built on 15th st . yay

<p>Yay…Finally!</p>

<p>bleh!!!</p>

<p>I agree with MikeW. Panda Express is Yuk.</p>

<p>BTW - pei wei has a BOGO offer going on now. you get to it thru facebook.</p>

<p>It will do well. I do wish a Pei Wei and PF Change would come to Tuscaloosa</p>

<p>Hey, college kids aren’t picky. If it’s fast and cheap, it will do. Glad to hear more businesses are coming back to the area.</p>

<p>It is nice to have a variety of inexpensive options for the college kids. Personally after working in the food industry for many years, I have a respect for the chain restaurants, not only do they need to meet the stringent food safety and cleanliness codes of the heath inspectors but they need to meet the codes of the franchise which does many impromptu visits and inspections simply because the entire company has a reputation to maintain. There is strict training for employees which maintains a consistency among franchises. Yes, each restaurant is not unique but then again you know what to expect every time you order. Mom and Pop restaurants can be hit or miss when it comes to cleanliness and consistency. That is not to say that I don’t enjoy a unique restaurant and dining experience but I definitely check out the health inspections before I dine out. For that matter I check all the restaurants for inspections and reviews before I dine out.</p>

<p>Now, if it was a Pei Wei, daughter would be ecstatic!!</p>

<p>I think that when one chain restaurant opens and is successful, others have a tendency to follow.</p>

<p>Ugh…auto correct changed PF Chang to Change…lol</p>

<p>Kids (and some adults) will like the convenience of being able to pick up some Panda Express with the Drive Thru. </p>

<p>I agree that not all of their entrees are the best, but there are a few that we like.</p>

<p>Yea, orange chicken and sesame chicken! It has to be hot and fresh to be good. That will be a very convenient location.</p>

<p>^^
And also the Mushroom Chicken. I think the new Honey Sesame Chicken will also be good.</p>

<p>My D will be thrilled at the opportunity to get an orange chicken fix. ANyone know when it’s scheduled to open?</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I don’t know when it’s scheduled to open, but the building sure is coming along nicely.</p>

<p>Yes, the honey sesame is good. We will see y’all there, M2ck!</p>

<p>My boys will be thrilled!</p>

<p>The first time we had Panda Express was when I moved to the town in Georgia I live in now. My parents love PE, but I personally wish we had Swen here more than I wish Tuscaloosa had a PE.</p>

<p>We like Swen, too.</p>

<p>I do with that there were more Chinese restaurants here. There may be some that I don’t know about.</p>

<p>Mr. Chens is good. It’s on 15th. And it has a good sized market attached.</p>

<p>Swen (both in Tuscaloosa and Northport) and Mr. Chen are cream of the crop for the sit down places. I also like Lee Palace in Taylorville in the Winn-Dixie shopping center.</p>

<p>Great places to get fast chinese in town are China Garden in the mall, owned by the family of none other than Dr. Tan-Yu Lee of the math department, and Chongwah Express in Northport across from Chik-fil-A.</p>

<p>Feeno…
what are your faves at Swen?</p>