Panhellenic preview weekend

<p>Oh okay thank you so much, that makes a lot more sense now. I’m sure I’ll be able then to find a Panhellenic organization where I live. Thank you guys for all your helpful information!!</p>

<p>Panhellenic association locator map: <a href=“https://www.npcwomen.org/map/default.aspx[/url]”>https://www.npcwomen.org/map/default.aspx&lt;/a&gt;
The blue pins are alumnae panhellenics; the red are collegiate panhellenics.</p>

<p>Hi! I just found this thread and had to get an account. I’m an out of state girl (Maryland) but I really wanna go Greek at Alabama! After begging and pleading for my parents to let me go in Feb, they said no! :frowning: (it’s my dad’s birthday!). I was wondering though, will this really hurt my chances of having a successful rush?? Thank you!</p>

<p>Welcome Zwickster, this forum is AWESOME!!! You will find all the info you could ever dream of here on CC. </p>

<p>If you can not make Preview in February then look into going on March 16 for the teas and socials that weekend. I beat if you search the CC Alabama thread you will find more info on the event March 16th. We won’t make that event as we are flying home from spring break that day. Seems some go to both but most go to one or the other.</p>

<p>Best of luck and Roll Tide</p>

<p>DD registered for Preview weekend online. </p>

<p>Has anyone received confirmation of registration or anything to let them know it went through okay.</p>

<p>My D registered online as well. Tonight at dinner she told us that they literally spelled out her login info, as in “upper case b, lower case e, etc”</p>

<p>Did they send her an account login?</p>

<p>I don’t ever remember getting a confirmation. Did she use her mybama email as her email? You might check there or you can always call the Greek Life Office for confirmation.
Zwickster…The March 16th event is not for everyone but just girls who receive invitations to different pre-recruitment events held by the various sororities. The only “public” preview event is the one in February. If you do receive an invitation to a pre-recruitment event for the Feb. date and cannot go make sure to RSVP the sorority and tell them you are unable to make it but are able to come down for the March events. Hopefully they will send you an invite to that one.
As for your question about not going and will it hurt your chances for a bid…the answer is “no”. I always encourage girls to go, especially OOS girls because it’s a great way to make connections and so much valuable information is given. In addition you get a brief visit with each sorority and IF you are invited to the pre-recruitment teas and parties you have a chance to start making some connections within the houses.I hope you have your resume done and are working on securing recommendations for each of the houses.</p>

<p>Wats so great about UA?</p>

<p>“Wats so great about UA?”</p>

<p>Well, there’s a thread dedicated to answering that if you’re really interested. I’ll share a few things:</p>

<p>Excellent academic opportunities, beautiful campus, excellent faculty, visionary leadership, generous scholarships for academically talented students, warm and welcoming community…I could go on. Oh, and a pretty good athletic program doesn’t hurt. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>If you have a specific question, someone will be happy to answer.</p>

<p>My D did receive a confirmation email for registering for Preview Weekend. It has her username and login as well as a run down of to-do’s/not-to-do’s, area info, rundown of the days events, etc.</p>

<p>TxNewCollegeMom…did she receive it on her mybama acct?</p>

<p>DD also got the email confirmation on her MyBama Account. It came on Jan 8th.</p>

<p>She forwarded me the email and it appears it came to her email.</p>

<p>I had a roommate who wrote a rec for our other roommates younger sister who was going to alabama and wanting to rush a sorority. And we are from the north. So I guess it can be someone you know? The roommate was not a sorority alum tho.</p>

<p>Are you saying the roommate was (is) a student who’s a sorority member?</p>

<p>Also what should we wear to the Preview weekend? Is a lace tank, jean jacket, and nice jeans ok?</p>

<p>And should I post a resume for the Preview Weekend, or will it not matter until the actual rush week? I have a pretty good resume, but I’m out of state and have no Greek affiliations (with chapters at UA anyway), so I don’t think they’d be interested in me right away</p>

<p>No jeans. You should wear a nice dress or a cute skirt and top.
I’m not sure what you mean by post a resume? You will give your resume to the women who are writing your recommendations. They will attach it to their rec form and send it, along with your pics to their chapter at Alabama.</p>

<p>Ok thanks! And about the resume–when I was registering for the event, there was an option for me to upload a picture and a resume</p>

<p>Sunshine, it kind of depends on the weather. When my D went in February last year, it was very cold (for the south) and several of her invites stated that the dress was to be very casual. One party even said to wear jeans for a bonfire, I believe. For the casual parties my D wore nice jeans, cute top, and a blazer with cute jewelry to dress it up a bit. For any party that said brunch attire, she wore a dress/skirt with pearls or something similar. I must say, we founds the February weekend harder to dress for than the March weekend! March is much easier to wear skirts and cute spring dresses. </p>

<p>Make sure to have several outfit options. You will most likely be going to parties Friday evening, Saturday morning, preview activities Saturday during the day, more parties, that evening, and more parties Sunday! So fun!</p>

<p>Definitely upload the picture and resume! You want them to have all the info that they can.</p>