Panhellenic preview weekend

<p>^^Just to clarify…preview day is definitely a dress day, the more casual parties are usually Friday night.</p>

<p>Yes upload the pic and resume. SMBradshaw is correct…there was an event last year where some of the PNMs wore jeans. There actually was a lot of chatter about what to do by the PNMs…they just didn’t know whether to wear casual clothes or dresses. Some decided to wear outfits described by SMBradshaw and others wore dresses. On the more casual events you will have to decide what you feel comfortable in. Preview day and any teas or bunches or evening events at restaurants also require dresses in my opinion.
One more thing, make sure that your resume is complete and in the proper form. Sororities will look at it and you want to make a great first impression even if it’s only on paper.</p>

<p>Okay thank you guys! I have most reccs secured already, I just need a couple. I think I’m going to ask my teachers next. Hopefully I can make it down there though!</p>

<p>Ok I don’t think I’m going to be invited to any of the parties because I’m an out of state girl & I don’t have any connections to the sororities. Plus I haven’t even committed to UA yet…</p>

<p>True, you do have to register for the Preview Weekend, and you can’t do that until your accepted to UA. But plenty of students who weren’t invited to any parties wind up pledging.</p>

<p>I have several questions. I am told that sororities can be expensive. My d may be interested but I am not sure what to expect for costs. Also as an AA are AA sororities previewed then too? I am also concerned that my d won’t have time for this because she will be an engineering major.</p>

<p>Is it mostly moms who attend this, or are there a couple of dads there too? My dad is the one traveling down with me to Tuscaloosa for the preview weekend</p>