Parents brochure?

<p>Anyone (Geneseograd, Sean256?) know if recieving a brochure aimed at "parents of a Geneseo student" means anything? It just arrived 5-6 days ago. I would think it was just more mail, but the last page made it sound like we already WERE the parents of a student there, info about logging onto school website for parents, blah blah blah.</p>

<p>I would think it DOES mean something, but it arrived probably just 3-4 days after they should have recieved my son's ED application. So it seems too soon for them to have evaluated the application.</p>

<p>Any thoughts? Standard mailing to all parents of applicants, or something more......hmmm...</p>

<p>I received a parents brochure about three weeks ago, but I only applied regular decision. I thought is was probably just a standard mailing. I don’t know for sure, though.</p>

<p>I kind of thought it was too early, too soon to have any real meaning. I guess my son applied about two weeks ago. The brochure came about 5-6 days later.</p>

<p>They sure do spend on printings and mailings!</p>

<p>Hmm…I recall getting something like that after my acceptance however my memory of all the pamphlets that came in is a little foggy so i’m not completely sure if it’s the parent’s pamphlet. </p>

<p>Though the majority of my Geneseo mail started to come in after the acceptance, before that I got almost nothing from the college.</p>

<p>After visiting Geneseo, Fall 2008, and applying, we received numerous mailings from Geneseo, also believing it meant something, until my son was waitlisted for Spring 2009. We continued to receive mailings, until the deposit deadline, so I don’t think it means anything more than random Geneseo marketing mailings.</p>

<p>…they could probably save $100,000 just by cutting down on the mailings. I am not exagerating when I tell you that we probably received 30 pcs.of mail from Geneseo in the last 10 months. The next closest colleges in number of mailings probably sent 4 or 5 each.</p>