Parents caring for the parent support thread (Part 1)

<p>Oldmom, it must be a relief for you that your dad is getting the medication and care he needs to make him comfortable. I’m glad your daughter’s college visit was a good one, and I apologize for misunderstanding the situation with your dad in the old thread. </p>

<p>As I posted on the other thread:</p>

<p><<that’s bizarre.="" i="" can’t="" find="" the="" “parents=”" caring="" for="" parent="" support="" thread"="" at="" all.="" will="" submit="" a="" report,="" but="" it="" probably="" won’t="" get="" noticed="" until="" monday.="">></that’s></p>

<p>I’m guessing the deletion was an accident. Of all the innocuous non-controversial threads, the Parents Caring for the Parent one was one of the most innocuous and non-controversial. All of us are in this together. I’ve been grateful for the support I’ve received when I posted in the old thread.</p>

<p>Cardinal Fang, it’s ok. I figured it was a misunderstanding.</p>

<p>I am sitting with my dad, holding his hand while i type with the other hand. I told him that his wife’s son will take her to Colorado and that we all love him and hope he is comfortable. I called my brother who lives very far and isn’t well himself and put the phone to dad’s ear to talk to him. Who knows what he can hear but all I can do is try, right? Before we went to RIT on Friday we went to the hospital and my daughter spent some time with him while I took care of some paperwork. So it goes. </p>

<p>It was also one of the most popular. I think I read and posted on that thread more than any others. Sure hope it can be found and resurrected. Thanks! </p>

<p>As MaineLonghorn alluded to, mods are following up with this and hopefully will have an answer for you tomorrow.</p>

<p>Thanks, mods.</p>

<p>Oldmom- thinking of you and glad that you have this time with your father. Hospice encouraged us to speak with my mother until the end, noting that people could hear, even if they couldn’t respond. All the best at this hard time. Sorry your brother is ill also. </p>

<p>Old mom- I’m glad you were able to go with your daughter on the school visit. I hope your dad can be made as comfortable as possible. I think it’s good for your brother to talk on the phone with your dad. My mom talked to her brother frequently up until he passed away. I believe it was beneficial for both of them…</p>

<p>I hope the removal of the thread was just a mistake. I guess we’ll know more tomorrow.</p>

<p>oldmom - Glad that your visit to RIT turned out well and that your D has made a decision. One less thing for you to stress about. Also glad that you get to have this time with your dad. All the best to you as you navigate this passage in life.</p>

<p>Hugs to you OldMom. </p>

<p>hugs, oldmom. I am glad you have something which feels helpful to do. And glad you were there for your D and her visit. Have a nice sandwich and relax if you can tomorrow.</p>

<p>I’ll hope to find the tread pinned back up tomorrow because I, too, read back in it sometimes.</p>

<p>Hi friends, my dad passed away last night shortly after I left the hospital. Thanks to all for your good wishes. It really helps.</p>

<p>Condolences, oldmom, on the loss of your father. </p>

<p>I’m so sorry for your loss, oldmom. I’m glad you were able to be with your dad shortly before. {hugs}</p>

<p>I’m so sorry, oldmom.</p>

<p>(((oldmom))) I am so sorry.</p>

<p>Thinking of you, oldmom. So sorry for your loss. </p>

<p>Sending prayers and hugs.</p>

<p>I’m so sorry, oldmom. Glad you were back, and were with him shortly before the end.</p>

<p>Oldmom, may your dad’s memory be a blessing to all who knew and loved him. Glad you were able to be there for him.</p>