Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>You go 2education! :)</p>

<p>BT: waving here! I did not get lost in BB&B…Though after 3 hours, my friend who I guided and kept calm is very happy. When she got home and her S asked, “Whatya’ get?” She told him she was so tired, she couldn’t even remember! It was fun and I’m ready to do it with D this week…And so glad the car is working…We also have some “Are you kidding me?” stories with my S and mysteriously spent car batteries. ;)</p>

<p>Laf: So glad the certificate arrived! </p>

<p>Thanks for the smiles GSharp, scualum, et. al. :)</p>

<p>rocket: Echoing good cheer for your purchase and decorating sense!</p>

<p>Acm: Ditto to all of the above re: your mom antennae.</p>

<p>parent56: Been there with the S and H not being able to find something…have also been accused of “losing” or “throwing away” an item…NOT…Usually in the place they left it!</p>

<p>austinmt: Have a wonderful “girl adventure” at the Lady Gaga concert! I’m sure you’ll find the perfect outfit. :)</p>

<p>jambaby: And speaking of outfits…Your suit sounds wonderful. May you wear it to many successful interviews. </p>

<p>Wishing all a great night!</p>

<p>:cool: :cool:</p>

<p>ETA: Austinmt: We crossposted and I just want to add my prayers and thoughts for your mom and you. {{{HUGS}}} and hoping for her successful recovery. We’re all here for needed support. Hang in there…I will have you in my thoughts this weekend and beyond.</p>

<p>austinmt…will think good thoughts…hoping all will be well.</p>

<p>Austin - sending my best thoughts for your Mom - Hope the news is optimistic. My Mom went through this last year and after all is said and done it wasn’t that awful and she’s back to 100% now!</p>

<p>Spent the day packing for son, leaves for UA in two weeks. Trying to keep things to a minimum but even at that it sure does seem like alot of stuff! Am I doing this wrong? (besides not making him do it himself!) :)</p>

<p>how exciting al34!! hope he’s ready for this heat and humidity…</p>

<p>austinmtmom - sending positive thoughts for your mom</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>We had the same experience last year with my mom. The waiting is sometimes the hardest part - wishing you and your mom good thoughts!</p>

<p>AL34: I’m sending your thoughtful wishes to austinmt’s mom, whose mom received the diagnosis (See post 2180). So glad your mom is doing well and may austinmt’s mom experience the same in the near future…</p>

<p>And it sounds like your S is ready!! :)</p>

<p>^ but his mommy is NOT! :slight_smile: :(</p>

<p>austinmtmom - saying prayers for your mom!</p>

<p>on standby al34… a pm/email away</p>

<p>^ :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>amt, let me know if I can do anything.</p>

<p>AL, two weeks?!!? Oh, I am so not ready for this.</p>

<p>I have five and a half weeks until I leave (August 30th). Now I’m wondering - who are the first and last to leave? I remember jackie saying that her D wasn’t leaving until pretty late…</p>

<p>I sat down with my Target and BB&B catalogues today and started making lists. And then I went through all the major CC threads on dorm shopping and continued making lists. And I found the fan I’m taking with me in the clutter that is my basement. So between all that productivity + my driving lesson + taking care of my mom, who’s sick, I figured I had done enough helpful stuff for the day and watched some Gilmore Girls. I LOVE that show; it is so witty and lovely! Though I have to say I much prefer the older episodes. Anyone else share my love?</p>

<p>amm, I’m so sorry and will be keeping you all in thoughts for good news on Monday.</p>

<p>R6L, Love your bedding!</p>

<p>tc, PMK jr left our home in June and is not coming home prior to school starting, but that was to be a camp counselor. His move in date is September 2. That seems late to me, anyone else with a later date?</p>

<p>I never did get into Gilmore Girls but it’s on my list to rent, I think I’ll like it. Congrats on your driving lessons! I hope your mom is feeling better soon.</p>

<p>I know Carleton, Stanford and UChicago are all well into September.</p>

<p>t_c, I used to watch The Gilmore Girls. :)</p>

<p>UAB for son is August 12</p>

<p>Your mom is in my thoughts, austinmtmom.</p>

<p>Add Northwestern to the list of quarter schools that are deep into the heart of September. Move in day for frosh is Sept 14 for Wildcat Welcome and classes commence Sept. 21. This would be for kids of myself, Momof3sons and T-Bone.</p>

<p>I believe U of Chicago is around the same time frame.</p>

<p>:cool: :cool:</p>

<p>Austinmtmom- keep an open mind until you speak to the Doc on Monday - Until then sending my {{HUGS}}</p>

<p>Son’s move in date is August 14th (three weeks! Really hit me today :frowning: ) Most of the colleges in the south are mid-Aug, although a few start after Labor Day.</p>

<p>I really need to kick it into high gear in order to get him organized and ready to go. I’ve purchased most of the stuff he needs (except a microwave) but still need to go through the house collecting items like medicine box things, nail clippers, etc. He needs to go through his room and pick out what he wants to take as well as de-clutter.</p>

<p>We also still need to do a clothes shopping trip to refresh his wardrobe. Although it would help if he would go through his old stuff first and make a list of what he needs.</p>

<p>I can see some major nagging is going to need to occur in the next few weeks. :)</p>