Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>lol jc40… acm may kick me into cooking mode… i felt so bad about nuking a hot dog last night, i at least made a hamburger with swiss and sauteed some mushrooms and a small salad, … that just doesnt happen at this house…not during the week, after 12 hours at work i just want something fast</p>

<p>not batchelorette here… but waste time with sytycd, hells’s kitchen, next foodnetwork star and waiting for the start of project runway this week!!!</p>

<p>p56: no bachelorette this time around for me either…I know, off topic…but somewhat college-related, as we pass our time and keep are minds “busy”…I also watch the Next Food Network Star…And FYI, Project Runway started last week! (First show was Thursday.) I’ll bet psychmom knows that!</p>

<p>SWT, I’m all about The Bachelorette. The boys and I watch it together. I like both guys. I don’t know how she’d choose. Roberto is so my type (a swarthy ball player who can dance!), but he’s almost too good to be true. She obviously is totally sexually attracted to him. Chris is sooooo nice. I was a little skeeved by the way he kept saying how she’d fit in so well with the family, blah blah blah. It’s like he has this ideal of a wife and is trying really hard to make her fit it. She’s said how career-oriented she is, but he’d like her on the Cape in an apron. At least that’s how they’re editing it.</p>

<p>Commercials make it seem like she doesn’t pick either. I wonder what the contract says about continuing to date someone if you/he doesn’t propose. Will she walk away from them both??? We’ll see soon enough …</p>

<p>oh no KS, i thought it was this thursday!!! poop!!</p>

<p>p56: They usually reshow episodes…Just check the Lifetime schedule…And usually they show previous episode right before the next new one…</p>

<p>Kindredspirit I am confused how the 30 day pass works,states it is time based so does that mean it is only good for 30 calender days or 30 days of riding.I don’t know how often she will use it during the week because dorm is 5 minute walk form classes and hopefully she will be studying and not carousing the city after classes.Do you know about Chase banks read some where that they have ATM’s all around including the drug stores.</p>

<p>SWT, I think Ali’s brother wants to marry Chris!</p>

<p>OK, I am in camp Chris! My D, AKA Puffy Girl, isn’t up to watching with me. :frowning: She even missed Next Food Network Star yesterday. (Anyone else think Brad should have stayed? And, I really liked Tom’s fish story, lol.) But, I know she will tune into Project Runway…that’s her favorite. And let’s not forget about Top Chef! HELP!!! I am losing my TV partner! She has pulled away a little, and not just because of the pulled teeth!</p>

<p>KS, Sounds like your D had such a great time showing HER school to you! What a delight!!!</p>

<p>Mablab: The 30 day Metrocard is for unlimited rides during 30 calendar days from the date of purchase (regardless of number of rides and whether used or not). So if your D will not use during the week too often, I’d suggest the pay-for-ride. The 30 day might be more useful later on, e.g. if she is using the MTA more regularly during the week if doing an internship. Chase has MANY ATMs throughout the city. Having taught at NYU and having been there regularly, there are at least three full service Chase Banks (with ATMS) within a two or three block radius of NYU’s main campus. Their website (chase.com) will give you exact locations.</p>

<p>I have never seen the Bachelor! I am watching a rerun of The Closer and doing the ironing. Just had a cup of tea and am taking a little break.</p>

<p>psychmom: Yes D did have a wonderful time showing me “Her” school!..And I have lost my TV partner for some of these same shows! She’s too busy!!! (I still record them for her though!) And yes, I think Brad should have stayed, and I LOVED the fish story…very creative! :)…And pm me anytime about “our shows.” I also LOVE Top Chef!!</p>

<p>Last week D asked H and I about ordering Tivo at school! She said she wouldn’t have time to watch “her shows” and would have to record! We told her she wouldn’t have time and probably would have less interest at school. We told her NO. I asked my H if she thought she were going on vacation! ;)</p>

<p>:cool: :cool:</p>

<p>Love Top Chef, but we don’t get Bravo on the island.</p>

<p>Thanx to ML, you knew that it was coming. FYI, I always title this “Distribution”. That way if want to find the most recent one, just search for “Distribution”.</p>

<p>ACM - I left in your son on the assumption that he will live to attend my alma mater.</p>

<p>UVA is still in the lead.</p>

<p>Bennington 1<br>
LoisHK’s S</p>

<p>Boston University 1<br>
momonthehill’s D</p>

<p>Brown 3<br>
astromom’s D
L.A.Parent’s S
momof2men’s S</p>

<p>Bryn Mawr 1<br>
Queen’s Mom’s D</p>

<p>Cal Berkeley 1<br>
IloveLA’s D</p>

<p>Cal Poly Pomona 1<br>
gotaplay2’s D</p>

<p>Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 1<br>
lilmom’s S</p>

<p>Caltech 1<br>
PaperChaserPop’s S</p>

<p>Carleton 4<br>
aliceinw’s S
neumes’ S
pmartin57’s D
Youdon’tsay’s S</p>

<p>Carnegie Mellon 1<br>
CaliforniaDancer</p>

<p>Carthage 1<br>
Kajon’s S</p>

<p>Coastal Carolina 1<br>
austinmtmom’s D</p>

<p>Colgate University 1<br>
Pengo’s S</p>

<p>Colorado College 1<br>
skier29’s S</p>

<p>Columbia 1<br>
LetsGoMets’s S</p>

<p>Columbus State 1<br>
musicmom26’s D</p>

<p>Dartmouth 1<br>
standrews’ D</p>

<p>Elon 2<br>
Lafalum84’s D
Scoutmom9’s S</p>

<p>Emerson 2<br>
intouch1520’s D
runnersmom’s niece</p>

<p>George Washington 1<br>
1sttimemom’s D</p>

<p>Goucher 1<br>
nightchef’s S</p>

<p>Grinnell 1<br>
sDonCC’s S</p>

<p>Hamilton College 1<br>
TWINMAMA’s D</p>

<p>Hampshire College 1<br>
ALF’s S</p>

<p>Harvard 3<br>
Bubbe’s GS
LIMOMOF2’s D
mountaingoat’s D</p>

<p>Haverford 1<br>
Bclintonk’s D</p>

<p>High Point University 1<br>
KYParent’s D</p>

<p>Ithaca 1<br>
mdemvizi</p>

<p>Kenyon 1<br>
boiledegg’s D</p>

<p>Lafayette 1<br>
BonnieNewJersey’s D</p>

<p>Louisiana State 1<br>
Psi’s S</p>

<p>Loyola Chicago 1<br>
mpabon’s D</p>

<p>LSU 1<br>
alexahet</p>

<p>Macalester 1<br>
Cecil’s S</p>

<p>Marshall University 1<br>
footballmom104’s S</p>

<p>Marymount Manhattan 1<br>
showmom858’s D</p>

<p>Middlebury 1<br>
journey919’s D</p>

<p>Millersville University + CC 1
PAVenturer’s S</p>

<p>Minneapolis College of Art and Design 1<br>
redbug119’s D</p>

<p>Northeastern 2<br>
colorado_mom’s S
pugmadkate’s S</p>

<p>Northwestern 4<br>
FindAPlace’s S
momof3sons’ S3
psychmomma’s S
tboneParent’s S</p>

<p>NYU 1<br>
Mablab54’s D</p>

<p>Oberlin 1<br>
qialah’s D</p>

<p>Ohio State University 1<br>
want2babuckeye’s son</p>

<p>Ole Miss 1<br>
mantori.suzuki’s S</p>

<p>Pitzer 1<br>
mom2sons’ S2</p>

<p>Pomona College 1<br>
BengalMom’s S</p>

<p>Princeton 2<br>
GSharpM7’s D
hopeful12345’s D</p>

<p>Rhodes 1<br>
mimimomx3’s D</p>

<p>Rice 2<br>
MuppetMom’s D
proudparents’ S</p>

<p>RPI 1<br>
Brooklynborndad’s D</p>

<p>Scripps 1<br>
scualum’s D</p>

<p>Smith 2<br>
rocket6louise
teenage_cliche</p>

<p>St. Olaf 1<br>
robinsuesanders’ S</p>

<p>Stanford 1<br>
applicannot</p>

<p>SUNY Albany 1<br>
donnagal’s S</p>

<p>Swarthmore 3<br>
2girls4me’s D
Keilexandra
momof3sons’ S2</p>

<p>Tufts 3<br>
CountingDown’s S
mathmom’s S
momof2inma’s D</p>

<p>University of Alabama 2<br>
AL34’s S
RobD’s D</p>

<p>University of Alabama Birmingham 1<br>
parent56’s S</p>

<p>University of Buffalo 1<br>
coskat’s D</p>

<p>University of California @ Santa Barbara 1<br>
esobay’s S</p>

<p>University of Central Florida 1<br>
WhirledPeas2u’s D</p>

<p>University of Chicago 4<br>
artloversplus’s D
jackief’s D
motherbear332’s S
PayFor’s S</p>

<p>University of Cincinnati 1<br>
mommuisc’s S</p>

<p>University of Delaware 2<br>
Booklady’s S
zoosermom’s D</p>

<p>University of Georgia 1<br>
somewhereinga’s D</p>

<p>University of Illinois @ UrbanaChampaign 1<br>
BerneseMtn’s S</p>

<p>University of Maryland 2<br>
ajfischer@verizo’s D
ELY’s S</p>

<p>University of Michigan 2<br>
hopeful2014’s S
littlefalls’ S</p>

<p>University of Missouri/Columbia 1<br>
CheckersMidwest’s S</p>

<p>University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 3<br>
almar4’s S
BCandBU82’s S
veewhitty’s D</p>

<p>University of Pennsylvania 1<br>
kindredspirit’s D</p>

<p>University of Redlands 2<br>
missemily516’s D
vballmom’s S</p>

<p>University of Richmond 1<br>
PAVenturer’s D</p>

<p>University of Rochester 1<br>
PinotNoir’s S</p>

<p>University of Scranton 1<br>
1sokkermom’s D</p>

<p>University of South Carolina 1<br>
MomLive’s S</p>

<p>University of Southern California 2<br>
pixeljig’s S
ReturntheFava’s S</p>

<p>University of Texas at Austin 2<br>
MaineLonghorn’s S
SWTCAT’s D</p>

<p>University of Virginia 5<br>
2education’s S
curiousmother’s D
jc40’s D
jingle’s S
shillyshally’s D</p>

<p>Vanderbilt 1<br>
BlessedTwice’s S</p>

<p>Vassar 1<br>
psychmom’s D</p>

<p>Villanova 2<br>
archiemom’s S
FLVADAD’s D</p>

<p>Wake Forest 1<br>
DougBetsy’s S</p>

<p>Washington University in St. Louis 3<br>
limabeans’ S
PAO2008’s D
sacchi’s S</p>

<p>Wellesley 1<br>
Sailorette’s D</p>

<p>Wesleyan 1<br>
sewemma’s S</p>

<p>Wheaton (MA) 1<br>
SLUMOM’s S</p>

<p>Wheaton College MA 1<br>
TWINMAMA’s D</p>

<p>William & Mary 3<br>
12rmh18’s S
anothercrazymom’s S
Flinty’s D</p>

<p>Williams 1<br>
GTalum’s D</p>

<p>Yale 4<br>
learninginprog’s S
my2sunz’s S
tango91’s S
vicariousparent’s D</p>

<p>austinmtmom - One of S’s best friends was accepted at Coastal Carolina but opted to attend WVU instead. He told me he wasn’t sure about being that far away from home, but his mom told me she would have rather he attended CC -WVU’s a total party school and you have to stay very focused to succeed there and I love this kid to pieces, but focused he’s not.</p>

<p>WVU just made that party school list!</p>

<p>G#, if this is a competition, I’m going to go on the Carleton parent listserv and have them storm this thread.</p>

<p>Boys started being too chatty (singing raps about each of the guys) during The Bachelorette so I’m hibernating in the office so I can hear every cheesy word. Harumph.</p>

<p>Kindredspirit Thanks for info. Think we will go for the pay per ride and switch if usage becomes more frequent than we anticipate.Some things we won’t know until she is there.The only other bank that we would use would be HSBN but I can’t tell how close it is to school or convience of ATM’s up side is we have one here so that would be easier to deposit money.</p>

<p>Hi all,
These past few days have been slowly filling up with anticipation. Someone asked me today, how I was feeling with DS going. I somehow didn’t have an answer, because some days I’m like “Bring it On” No Problem, other times I reminisce about us bringing him home from the hospital as a baby and then that feeling hits home that he is GOING AWAY!.</p>

<p>VBallmon condolences to you and family on the loss of your dog. </p>

<p>Psychmom… Here’s to a speedy recovery for your DD.</p>

<p>BT. Wideopen arms I am sure awaits that wonderful son of yours.</p>

<p>ACM. My daughter would be at home with you on culinary and event plannings.</p>

<p>KS: What wonderful moment you and your family had visiting UPenn, thanks for sharing, that brought tears to my eyes. The kids really DO get it when they know where they are supposed to be.</p>

<p>BTW- Did you all hear that earth-shattering sound on Saturday??? That was me almost falling over when DS asked DH and I and little sis if we could all go to the mall. :smiley: . There was no rushing to leave, he even went with me to stores he wouldn’t have. At BBB he sat in one of those student chairs and started spinning, just like a little kid. </p>

<p>Next day, yours truly decided to push the button, knowing I have a Best Buy guy . I asked son if he wanted to go to Best Buy. His Response, “I’ll check it out later in the week”. I will therefore resort to my not asking. I was doing so well in that department. </p>

<p>Hope you all are staying :cool:</p>

<p>Hopefully, looking forward to the stories about their experiences, will minimize the napkins we will need for their departures.</p>

<p>parent56 - your S is going to UAB? We play them November 6 in Birmingham! Let the smack talk begin … ;-)!</p>

<p>hey footballmom!! will you or your son be going??</p>