Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Welcome back. I missed y’all.</p>

<p>Happy Year of the Snake (or Little Dragon)!</p>

<p>Happy Mardi Gras!</p>

<p>And we also say “Be Happy, It’s Adar” which is the month of the Jewish holiday of Purim. It involves costumes, drinking, and silliness, so there may be some relation to Mardi Gras, but who borrowed from whom? :D</p>

<p>Saturday evening H and I went to a cafe that had advertised “Chicory coffee & beignets” for Mardi Gras. Turns out they only had the special coffee on Sunday, but the owner made a pot of New Orleans coffee just for us! Yay customer service. :)</p>

<p>Instead of spending my day here, I’ve spent all day transferring video tapes to my computer. Right now i am transferring the kindergarten play in 1998. Amazing how kids change!</p>

<p>Just sittin’ in my hotel watchin’ the Grammy’s hopin’ to see Chick Corea and Stanley Clarke doin’ a Dave Brubeck tribute.</p>

<p>Glad to hear that everyone seems to be surviving the weather and flat tires!</p>

<p>LIMOMOF2 – Oliver is doing well. DW has grown quite attached to him. We know someone who is coming up from Wake Forest, NC that wants Oliver, but DW isn’t sure she wants to part with him. On the other hand, our existing cat has made it known that she will be more than happy for Oliver to leave the premises. </p>

<p>Mommusic – Happy Year of the Snake to you too!</p>

<p>SLUMOM – I’m not sure if you or SLUDAD has the best snowblower ever. ;)</p>

<p>JC40 – Congrats to your D on being selected for a year of “misery” as a lawnie.</p>

<p>IL – I guess I need to mosey over to the law school forum. I started down that path many years ago before I got a conscience and went into the most noble field, IT. ;)</p>

<p>In college news, some forms for an internship to which D2 applied came to the house yesterday. Of course, they are time sensitive and cannot be emailed, so I’m making a trip to the FedEx office in the morning, ergh! I told D2 to put her college address on any future apps.</p>

<p>Good morning all. I put the coffee on since P56 didn’t and just about choked on it when I saw the news this morning that Benedict XVI was resigning. The world is suddenly a very different place for us Catholics …</p>

<p>good morning all! thanks for the coffee footballmom… </p>

<p>i saw that about the pope as i was leaving the house this am…wasnt the last one to resign back in the 1400’s?</p>

<p>i forgot the grammy’s were on… so did the stars follow the memo? i of course was watching downton abbey!!! already sad that next week is the end of the season</p>

<p>multiple phone calls this weekend with S2…re plans… slowly getting there i think…i liked his last option… he still seems to be in the “i’ll decide when there are no choices left” mode</p>

<p>Good morning! </p>

<p>Point the PVC here for a little while, please? I think I have pinkeye and it’s 6 days before my son’s wedding! Haven’t had that since elementary school, if ever. :frowning: Going to the doc this morning.</p>

<p>S has a summer job interview Wednesday. PVC wouldn’t hurt that either.</p>

<p>oh no mommusic!! mega doses of pvc aimed at your eye!! hope it is a wonderful wedding!
and good luck to your son for his interview too!</p>

<p>mommusic- aiming PVC directly towards you. I think the drugs work wonders so even if it is, you could be fine by Saturday.</p>

<p>Finally able to get on here. </p>

<p>JC40: Congratulations to your D! :)</p>

<p>Pointing the PVC to all who need it and passing the Bengay for everyone who had to dig out from the blizzard! </p>

<p>It’s going to be a rough day here, so any good thoughts would be appreciated.</p>

<p>Good morning everyone! Ok, you know you are addicted to cc when you are constantly checking in and really upset that your phone can’t connect to server…that was me yesterday.</p>

<p>It was a beautiful weekend here in SoCal but it was marred by sad news from S’s school. A student was found dead near the school apts where S used to live. They say no foul play suspected. Then on the parents FB page, there was a story about a student who had a mental breakdown. Apparently, other students in the dorm were concerned with his sudden change in behavior and let someone know. </p>

<p>It just put me on edge since I had just spoken to S and he said he was very busy with school and work. This being his junior year, the stress seems to be at its peak with midterms approaching, too.</p>

<p>PVC aimed at mommusic and S. I hope your eyes clear up to make way for happy tears! </p>

<p>Also sending PVC to PNJ and others digging out from Nemo. </p>

<p>Glad CC is back. My morning coffee just isn’t the same without a little cc!</p>

<p>PVC pointed at mommusic!</p>

<p>Smith is technically open for classes today, but so far today, on top of the 25 inches of snow we got this weekend, we have gotten snow, hail, freezing rain, sleet, and now rain. So needless to say, everything is tremendously icy and most professors have canceled classes since they can’t drive in.</p>

<p>Do we have anybody at UMass Amherst? D is looking at a summer program that is perfect</p>

<p>will take some pvc’s here… just took H to ER… have run back to office to tell patients to reschedule… the doctor is sick</p>

<p>Checking in.</p>

<p>Sending the PVC everywhere it is needed!</p>

<p>P56: Is the doctor a good patient? </p>

<p>Talked to DS a bit this weekend. Everything is going well, says he has been quite social this quarter, grades are good. He is still working on figuring out where to go for a passport.</p>

<p>P56–hope your DH is ok–and ER trip sounds serious!</p>

<p>G#–yes DS2 survived his first solo auto excursion. He’s home today sick, which is very unusual for him. He had a fever of 101 this morning, but somehow it’s gone now and he’s feeling better. </p>

<p>DS1 is incommunicado. He was sick all last week. We talked to him Friday night and he was starting to feel better. I asked for snow pictures but he didn’t send any :frowning: Guess he’s feeling better and way too busy for the parental units.</p>

<p>PVC’s for mommusic to get her looking beautiful for the wedding!</p>

<p>doctors are never good patients tx5… another reason i left the er while they wait on cardio</p>

<p>Gosh, p56, hope that he’s OK.</p>

<p>Good thoughts for PNJ and the PVC to all who need it.</p>

<p>lilmom, sorry to hear the bad news from ds’s school.</p>

<p>t_c, thought of you today listening to Jane Lynch this a.m., who apparently at some point gave the commencement address at Smith. She was so funny.</p>

<p>PVCs to all those who need them especially those dealing with the cold/flu/sickness. </p>

<p>Congrats to jc40’s D on her lawn living privilege! Sounds like a really fun experience.</p>