Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Momnmusic, that is heartbreaking. Prayers to your community.</p>

<p>G# I am screaming with laughter. God bless your wife! I wouldn’t want to be the one responsible for meeting your daughter’s expectations while keeping you in line. What is the groom like? Does his mother understand the concept of the smile and nod?</p>

<p>LMAO G# If this is a peek at the initial screenplay I can’t wait to see the movie!</p>

<p>so glad i popped in… thank you gsharp for the out loud laugh!! i’m with yds… having sons is soooooo much easier. (and cheaper)</p>

<p>Thanks for the laugh G#. I am already putting hints in with D1 that eloping is the way to go! My D1 definitely has some “bride-zilla” potential</p>

<p>Mommusic, that is so awful! “Rewind tape” is such a fitting description. </p>

<p>G#- I’m pretty sure that with your guidance, the rest of us will know what strategy to use when our own daughters tell us they want to get married. But for now, just YIKES!!!</p>

<p>H is playing chauffeur tonight - picking up S first and then swinging by the train station to gather up D. D has her spring break now, but S is joining us for the weekend. His break is at the end of March. I’ve been cleaning house and need to make a grocery run. S2 is at science club, journalism and tennis. I had to laugh at his text which ended with “so probably pick me up at 8:30pm or so”. Last time D came home on the train was when she surprised me with her nose piercing. I sincerely hope she does not surprise me with some additional piece of flair pierced or tatted onto her perfectly lovely body.</p>

<p>G# – would love to hear what your D’s wedding planner has to say! The groom and bride in our family have pretty much left everything to me – they are in CA, her parents are in the UK, the wedding is here. It is nice in the sense that there is no bridezilla drama AT ALL, but it would be nice if they knew what they wanted! Can I please my future DIL? Can I decorate the ceremony and reception site and set up the tables in three hours <em>and</em> look wonderful for the photos? And can I do this without spending all their money? And remain married to DH, who is catering this whole thing?</p>

<p>Stay tuned for the next episode!</p>

<p>G#: you slay me. I have a whole scene pictured in my head of how tomorrow is going to go down & it’s worthy of any sitcom or comedy that I’ve ever seen. Best of luck. DH would bow out but not before giving a hard $$$ line in the sand ;)</p>

<p>CD: I’m pretty sure if you make every decision using the lens of “What would the Doctor do?” and have everything in a Tardis blue, then the couple will be pleased. </p>

<p>Latest news from D1: “We adopted a cat.” What!? “Well, it followed us home, and it was rubbing our legs. So we gave it a bowl of milk & can of tuna. It ate it all.” Kitty is not in the apartment, but I’m sure it wrote down their address!</p>

<p>RobD - little known fact, most cats are actually lactose intolerant. They can drink a little bit of milk or cream, but a whole bowl will lead to a nasty result. If kitty comes back, tell them to give her water with her tuna.</p>

<p>D I guess i am the first one up. I’ll turn on the coffee on my way to the airport to drop D off. It is always hard to see her go!</p>

<p>Thanks for the coffee, Munequita. Safe travels to your D. </p>

<p>I am so happy that we made it out of the storm and to Minneapolis. My D looks good and it is so great to see her. Wish we could stay longer. </p>

<p>Happy Saturday to all.</p>

<p>G#, you made my day! Loved your fantastical description! :smiley: Good luck to you and your DW as you navigate the wedding planning. Remember to periodically offer the happy pair a ladder…</p>

<p>Picking up the college kid tonight as we are all going to see the Chieftains with the Pops. :slight_smile: It’s sort of his birthday present…he’ll be 21 on May 14 (Pi Day). :)</p>

<p>thanks for the coffee munequita!! safe travels for your D</p>

<p>ummmm what will D1 do with kitty when she is finished with internship robd? does that mean YOU have adopted a new kitty?? :)</p>

<p>waving good morning to all~~~~</p>

<p>Haven’t posted in a little bit, but I’ve been trying to keep up with the reading. </p>

<p>GSharp - lol!! Good luck with the wedding planning. Looking forward to future updates, both real and imagined. ;)</p>

<p>mommusic - glad you have something fun to look forward to after reading your sad news yesterday. Hope you all have a wonderful time tonight. P.S. I think you meant your son’s birthday is March 14th, not May 14th? </p>

<p>RobD - eek on the adopted kitty! At least it hasn’t worked it’s way into the apartment yet. </p>

<p>Just got a call from D. She was filling me in on her spring break plans - coming home next Friday, leaving early Sat. morning to visit friends at their colleges, and then returning home by Wednesday.</p>

<p>no idea of S2’s plans for spring break but dont think they include any time home…think he has an undergrad research competiton he is involved with for 3 of the days. of course i could suggest, painting, yardwork at his house, but dont think that would fly.</p>

<p>Yes, MARCH 14. I should read what I write! :/</p>

<p>3.14</p>

<p>bon voyage!! Sitting on our balcony enjoying some bubbly as we pull away from the dock. </p>

<p>S1 is safely back in Philly. He posted a picture on Facebook of him holding a baby with the caption “the house we are building is for her”</p>

<p>Mommusic: Such sad news about the accident. </p>

<p>ML: Thinking of you and your family. </p>

<p>Tx5: Yikes :eek: about the bug bite. </p>

<p>GSharp: I hope your ride on the wedding preparation train was a smooth one. I hate to tell you but this is the first stop of many. Good thing you are an experienced traveler! I think if the wedding is in March, all of the men should wear KILTS!! :wink: Just sayin. Another Mom who is so happy to have sons! :D</p>

<p>Munequita: Safe travels to your D! </p>

<p>IL: Have a safe trip. Love what your S wrote! </p>

<p>DB: Have fun in Merry, Old England! </p>

<p>S2s spring break plans are to come home next weekend and then go back on Sunday or Monday. He has lots to do during the break – work at his campus job and papers for school. He also has to squeeze in some classroom observation time at one of the schools nearby. </p>

<p>I finally decided that it was time to do some more unpacking! I know I’m a procrastinator! I cleaned out 2 big plastic bins and 2 boxes. The problem is that I have a lot of empty plastic bins and no place to store them. The joys of living in a small apartment. My other problem is that I haven’t found anything I like for my walls. :frowning: I just can’t seem to make up my mind and commit. Maybe next weekend I can get S2 to come shopping with me and get his opinion. These bare, ivory walls are just screaming at me to put something on them!</p>

<p>50 degrees here today. I did take a break and go for a walk. I haven’t been on a walk in such a long time. It felt so good. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Plans for tomorrow are to finish taxes. :(</p>

<p>quiet around here today …</p>

<p>good morning all…coffee is ready!!</p>