Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>scualum–insult to injury? </p>

<p>An IRS audit is such a PITA. We survived ours a couple of years ago, but it’s still a huge worry.</p>

<p>G#, I hope your dad is feeling better. So glad to hear ML’s son is improving.</p>

<p>scu, we were audited once. Nerve-wracking, but the good news for us was that we didn’t have much to audit ;)</p>

<p>And in COLLEGE news, ds2 officially is a Hoya!</p>

<p>GSharp - sending wishes for a speedy recovery to your father. </p>

<p>Yum! I haven’t had s’mores in years!</p>

<p>Scualum - that is so not fair!</p>

<p>YDS - big congrats to your new Hoya!</p>

<p>D got a postcard here at home about yearbook pictures. Not sure whether she ever went to get her picture taken…</p>

<p>Coffee’s ready. Gotta run, catch you later.</p>

<p>Good morning. Thanks for the coffee. </p>

<p>:( for scualum. What a yucky Monday. </p>

<p>Congrats to your Hoya, YDS!</p>

<p>thanks for the coffee!!</p>

<p>congrats yds!!!</p>

<p>i’ll have to ask S2 about pictures…he’s never mentioned it</p>

<p>YDS- As H would say- Hoya Saxa!</p>

<p><em>sigh</em> 34 with heavy snow and sleet. Piling up on the deck & drive ! How exactly do I teach the preschoolers about spring NOW ? It’s back to snowmen, penguins, and igloos. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>In COLLEGE news, S tried to make homemade gravy twice last night and finally opened a can of premade. I told him we’d work on that next time he came home. He called Sunday night about 11:30. His roommate was covered in hives. He ended up taking him to the ER. Two weeks of class and one week of finals left. Still not sure what he’ll be doing for the summer.</p>

<p>Congrats to YDS on Georgetown! Wonderful news and even a week early :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Sorry about the snow Checkers :frowning: Sounds like the Midwest still thinks its winter. Sending you lots of warmth from the Sunshine State.</p>

<p>Glad we’re in the southernmost part of Ohio. It’s supposed to cool off and rain tomorrow, but at least the grass is green and there are enough flowers to show that it is indeed SPRING! :)</p>

<p>The new UCincy President is a great guy: “To contain costs I will not accept salary increases or bonuses for at least two years. Cost cutting must begin with me as president.” He also called for a freeze on instate tuition & fees and for the university to sell the president’s mansion (which he does not live in) and use the money for scholarships. I like this guy a LOT. </p>

<p>:cool:</p>

<p>Happy Tuesday!</p>

<p>Just talked to S2. He went to the orientation for his Summer Travel Study to Greece today. I asked him if the group looked fun and he said that of the 27 enrolled, 15 went to the orientation and including DS, 3 were males. Evidently he was quite pleased.</p>

<p>CM - When I was in first grade in NY, my teacher alerted us that the next day would be first day of spring. With glee the next morning I pulled up the window shade expecting to see flowers and sunshine, only to be brutally disappointed.</p>

<p>Fast forward to this morning. We a few inches of snow, and icy / yukky roads. I was working from home, but first we had to get a car dropped off at the shop. Happily it all melted from the roads and driveway/sidewalk.</p>

<p>tx5athome–sounds like a favorable ratio!</p>

<p>S just got an email confirming that his 7:30 a.m. Wednesday exam has been changed to 10 a.m. He’s happy!</p>

<p>In college news, D is still waiting for the department to register her for the class she is missing. At least she can see nobody registered yet. </p>

<p>She will be home in less than two weeks but only for about ten days</p>

<p>Coffee’s ready. I like the new cc app for iPad.</p>

<p>Ready for coffee! Just put the last coat of white on the last door frame in the hallway. Indoor painting season is over, let the lawn care season begin! :eek:</p>

<p>Excited about picking up S today but hoping the rain holds off until we have his stuff in the car…</p>

<p>Good morning. Thanks for the coffee, alice. And, I’ll have to check-out that app.</p>

<p>mommusic - aww, did I miss another indoor painting season? Shucks. ;)</p>

<p>mune - good luck to your D with her registration. </p>

<p>tx5 - Greece sounds wonderful.</p>

<p>col_mom - Here’s hopin’ the melt is fast.</p>

<p>good morning, thanks for coffee!!</p>

<p>safe travels mommusic!</p>

<p>Thanks Parent56, but it’s only a 20 minute drive from our house, barring traffic. The kid just “thinks” he lives away from home. :D</p>

<p>Edit: Then again, most accidents happen within 25 miles of home, right? So thanks again!</p>