Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>what a great story gsharp…sounds like a smart little one! a survival story for sure</p>

<p>how is your dad doing?</p>

<p>I will be getting up at 5:30 am on 5/22 to make reservations at our favorite hotel for next year’s graduation. All the hotels in the area book up fast, and this one only lets you book online 365 days in advance.</p>

<p>I have a good friend whose two kids are both graduating the same weekend next year, one from undergrad, one from law school, 400 miles apart. :(</p>

<p>good morning all! coffee is ready! another rainy day</p>

<p>P56, we are hitting 90 degrees!</p>

<p>No rain here today. It looks like a lovely day - too bad I will be stuck at my desk.</p>

<p>Happy Monday.</p>

<p>Happy Monday! </p>

<p>College news: I talked to S2 yesterday. And by talked I mean texted back and forth for about 30 minutes. He is very happy. Says he likes his classes and socially things are going well. And he is starting to think about what he wants to do after he graduates.</p>

<p>Hello everyone! I’ve been very remiss in about posting since we got back from our trip to Scotland to see D1 a week ago. We had an AWESOME time!! We spent several days thoroughly exploring Edinburgh…which we learned it pronounced “Edinburra” by the locals :). We also took day trips to Inverary (where DH’s ancestors are from…we even visited their castle, which was where the episode of Downton Abbey where the Crawleys visit “the Scottish cousins” was filmed!); St. Andrews (birthplace of golf- DH stood on the 18th green of the “Old Course”); Rosslyn Chapel (where the end of the “DaVinci Code” was filmed) and Loch Ness (didn’t see Nessie :(). Seeing all of these sights was wonderful, but the best part of our trip was seeing how confident D1 has become in just 3 1/2 months of living on her own, cooking for herself, and navigating a foreign city…it’s incredible how much she’s matured! :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>I hope that everyone’s doing well as many of our kiddos reach the end of their junior year…how is that possible??</p>

<p>TWINMAMA: Your trip to see your D sounds wonderful. I visited Edinburgh when I went to London and loved the city so much. I hope your D has a great end to her semester. </p>

<p>Had to switch browsers since I was getting a Malware warning on Google Chrome. Anyone else having issues accessing CC?</p>

<p>Submitted my final paper for my English class and just waiting to talk to a professor about some last minute things. This semester flew by fast.</p>

<p>Thanks, mdemvizi…hope you have a great end to your semester too! :)</p>

<p>Mdem: I couldn’t get in using Google Chrome either. I think it is an issue with one of the ads because the ad up top is blocked on Internet Explorer.</p>

<p>Happy Monday, all! I finish up classes on Thursday, and I have a paper and a presentation to work on before then. And then reading period/write a billion more papers, and then finals. I don’t have any final exams, but Smith has self-scheduled finals, and I’ll be one of the student monitors (aka getting paid a decent amount to check IDs and answer basic questions), and I also need to pack up everything. So weird to think that I’ll be done and on my way home in like 11 days…</p>

<p>The weather is finally perfect here! High 60s, low 70s. Tshirt and shorts weather :slight_smile: I’m currently sitting in the library overlooking the beautifully grassy science quad working on a paper for my Government class.</p>

<p>Study breaks my friends and I have planned during finals period - watching Disney movies and stress baking :slight_smile: My girlfriend and I are also going to go out for a nice lunch for our anniversary at some point. Hard to believe it’s been almost a year and a half!</p>

<p>TC - Good luck with all of that semester-end work! Happy Anniversary.</p>

<p>Twinmama - It’s wonderful that you were able to visit “Edinburra”. It has been tops on DS’s list for Study Abroad next spring. Now he is also considering Singapore, and somehow that doesn’t get us as excited about visiting him. Maybe we should meet toward the middle, in Scotland ;)</p>

<p>Twinmama, very jealous. I’ve been to Scotland twice and can’t wait for an excuse to go again. I spent my weekend in DC with my former high school classmates. I can’t believe we all graduated 40 years ago! :eek:</p>

<p>I haven’t spoken to S2 in a couple of weeks, but plans are for Thursday morning when he’s done with exams.</p>

<p>Colorado-mom, let me know if you have any questions about your DS studying in Edinburgh…I’d be happy to ask D1! ( and if you have questions about traveling to Scotland, ask me :slight_smile: )</p>

<p>Coffee’s ready. No COLLEGE news here, as I did not hear from either of my offspring this weekend or yesterday. I suppose S had an excuse over the weekend because of his tournament, but I am anxious to talk to him to begin figuring out if/when he is coming home this summer, how to get him a car (that he doesn’t yet know will be made available to him), whether we can have a summer vacation, and the like.</p>

<p>good morning all. thanks for the coffee alice</p>

<p>S2 is gearing up for finals…few texts yesterday…seems only one exam may be stressful</p>

<p>Thanks for the coffee.</p>

<p>S has a week’s vacation before co-op starts. He is making himself useful by cutting grass & cleaning gutters. Part of the garage needs painting and I think there is a day free for that. :slight_smile: Still haven’t heard the grade from the Abstract Math course, (or he tells me he hasn’t!) but the rest are all A’s. </p>

<p>We are driving up to Cleveland for a funeral on Wednesday…a lovely, brilliant young woman with congenital health problems, friend of my children at Case Western. So unbelievably sad.</p>

<p>Good luck to all who are preparing for final exams.</p>

<p>Good morning. Thanks for the coffee.</p>

<p>Twinmama, your trip to Scotland sound wonderful. Son spent a weekend in Edinburgh last month. From the pics it looks beautiful. </p>

<p>mdem - glad you’re finished. </p>

<p>t_c - good luck with the next 11 days.</p>

<p>I got the malware warning in Chrome, too. </p>

<p>Have a great Tuesday.</p>

<p>In college new, D has a final today and three on Thursday. Ouch!</p>

<p>COLLEGE boy called yesterday presumably to chat but eventually got to the real reason for his call – his favorite sweater was stolen and wants me to check the clearance rack at Old Navy for a new one. Funny that they took the cheap sweater and not the expensive North Face jacket.</p>

<p>Have a great day, all.</p>