Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>ouch is right munequita!!</p>

<p>Abstract Math: A!!! :)</p>

<p>And friends kids’ are making their college choices right and left…down to the wire.</p>

<p>My favorite one is Kalamazoo College. “No really, where are you going?” :smiley: Makes me wonder if there is a Timbuktoo College as well…</p>

<p>woooohooooo mommusic!!</p>

<p>A few kids where I work are going down to the wire on decisions as well. </p>

<p>Next year I will have a niece and nephew at Marist and Bucknell. My step-nephew (brother’s stepson) who was accepted to Elon will instead be staying home and going to CC. His father and grandparents told him every step of the way, “Don’t worry about it, we can pay for it, we have savings.” Then two weeks ago the father withdrew his son’s application claiming he couldn’t afford it. His new story is that he can barely afford to pay for CC. Based on his lifestyle, that’s hogwash. He just wants to control everything, and his son going away to college (to a school his ex-wife liked) was beyond his control. He never went to college and wanted his son to join the Marines. It bugs me that he strung the kid along and then pulled the rug out from under him. If he really couldn’t afford it, or really had no plans to support him going away to college, he should have said so up front. :mad: Unfortunately, my brother and his wife truly can’t afford to help him, but they never promised anything more than emotional support.</p>

<p>DB, are you excited for your son to return to the USA?</p>

<p>Ds called with news that he got the internship that he applied for! The pay is better than he made at his old gig, but it’s fewer hours. He’s going to talk to the old place about maybe working there two days a week. I hope it pans out for him.</p>

<p>Puppy dog is wide awake this morning.</p>

<p><em>lays out coffee and breakfast sandwiches for all</em></p>

<p>woohoo yds…congrats to your son</p>

<p>thanks for the coffee mdem!</p>

<p>I was going to say “good morning,” but I’m a few minutes late for that. </p>

<p>Good afternoon. :)</p>

<p>Not much going on here. I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. </p>

<p>And, yes Laf. Can’t wait for S to get home from London on Friday. :D</p>

<p>Good morning! </p>

<p>Exciting day around here because S3 is a senior and all of his friends have finally decided where they are going next year. </p>

<p>P56: D1 also got an A in Abstract Algebra when she took it, I remember when I saw her afterward she didn’t look like cute So Cal girl D1, but instead exhausted spent too much time in the library D1. It took her a couple of weeks to fully recover.</p>

<p>Good morning iPeeps! Coffee is ready.</p>

<p>DH & I were on vacation last week. Today is our anniversary - we’ve been together 31 years (though technically we’ve been married for 26). Low-key celebration planned since we whooped it up on vacation last week. :D</p>

<p>In COLLEGE news, S1 is applying for graduate school. S2 is almost done with his take-home finals & comes home next week. He will be a rising SENIOR. It seems like only yesterday we were launching our kids off to COLLEGE with those cute rockets. Next year at this time we will be launching some of them out into the world. Wow! How did that happen?</p>

<p>thanks for the coffee 12rmh… happy anniversary!!!
good luck with your S1 grad apps.</p>

<p>tx5…agree some of these finals take a lot out of them</p>

<p>Thanks for the coffee. It is cleanse week again (since I re-addicted to sugar WAY too easily) so I am offering green smoothies to anyone who would like one. My new discover was to use almond milk instead of water in the smoothies and it is a big improvement on the smoothness front.</p>

<p>Happy Anniversary, 12rmh18!</p>

<p>Congrats to those getting A’s! And to the rest just for finishing. My S is only in the 5th week of the 10 week spring term, so he has a ways to go.</p>

<p>Happy Thursday.</p>

<p>Pouring down rain here. Had to go to campus to pick up a paper and got soaked thinking I could get through without rain boats. </p>

<p>Pretty much done with the semester so just waiting for grades to post. Impatient would be the word to describe me right now.</p>

<p>Just finished my last class of junior year! How weird. Now onto reading period and finals…will be home a week from tomorrow (now THAT’S weird.)</p>

<p>Love seeing you girls coming up for air and checking in. Y’all are almost seniors again! I won’t mention that the rest of us on here are approaching senior status as well.</p>

<p>Hey, speaking of checking in … has anyone heard from applicannot?</p>

<p>Ds wrote me with news of an award he won. It was a scam. Poor sweetie.</p>

<p>alice, I wish I would get my act together and cleanse or do anything to lose this weight. And with that I’m off to walk the dog!</p>

<p>YDS - Next spring (spring is the best time to cleanse) we can do a cleanse together, long distance, with graduation dresses (for the moms, of course) as the motivator. Not to mention clearer heads, less stress, etc. Whaddaya say?</p>

<p>On the COLLEGE news front, I had a remarkably long chat with S today (after I sent him a note letting him know that I had not heard from him in so long that I needed to know if he was alive). He was very talkative, and ended with “My life is really great right now.” Happy mom.</p>

<p>Awww, alice. That makes me so happy. Uh, the phone call, not the thought of a cleanse.</p>

<p>good morning all, coffee is ready!!</p>

<p>Good morning. Pvc towards D please, it’s a two final and poster presentation day (not super formal presentation just people from the department). it will be a long day</p>

<p>definitely sending pvc’s munequita!! </p>

<p>i’ll take a few here today for S3… this may be the day he quits hs. refusing to go to school, wont do his work…failing classes… time to get a taste of the real world imo… quit and get a job!! H is trying to talk him into going to school today…i’m at the point of just saying go in, tell the gc you are quitting and then live with the consequence…</p>