Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Chocolate chip pumpkin bread is the best!</p>

<p>At band practice this morning we came in costume. There were some great ones!</p>

<p>I’m not sure I’ve ever had chocolate chip pumpkin bread, but I am liking the thought. Thanks, showmom.</p>

<p>I think my S stayed up very late last night watching the Red Sox AND getting his work done. I’m tired too.</p>

<p>Happy Halloween! </p>

<p>Thanks for the delicious holiday treat, Showmom! :)</p>

<p>RobD - nice to have D1 home, even if she’s busy doing research. :)</p>

<p>Our trick or treaters have slowed down, so I’ve finally had a few minutes to relax,</p>

<p>Good morning. There’s coffee for all. And lots of left over Halloween candy - which I really would appreciate your taking because otherwise there is a significant risk that I will eat it all and I REALLY don’t need it.</p>

<p>Morning!</p>

<p>We ran out of candy for the first time ever so no temptation for me.</p>

<p>Good afternoon everyone!</p>

<p>Professor moved an exam up a week so next week is going to be a lot more interesting. </p>

<p>But this weekend is the Florida-Georgia game. Florida really needs this win! Gator chomp!</p>

<p>I hope everyone had a wonderful World Series and / or Happy Halloween (a religious holiday for me ;)) this week!</p>

<p>Me, I’m still humming “Sweet Jane”… Lou Reed, R.I.P. Oh well, I came home yesterday, so I’m done traveling for the week, so some good came of this week.</p>

<p>In case you were wondering, I like chocolate chip pumpkin bread. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>Gotta start by congratulating Bubbe and her DGS! :)</p>

<p>

Don’t it just cramp your style when your kids want regular meals? :wink: Regardless, don’t sweat that impending significant 29th birthday. ;)</p>

<p>AliceinW – Did you finish the NYT Sunday puzzle? OK, you can go home now.</p>

<p>YDS – I had no idea that Santa brought GRE prep books now. ;)</p>

<p>LAF – Sending retro-active GRE PVC to your D! Congrats to your S on the LSAT!</p>

<p>VAMom2015 – I trust that you successfully turned your son into a pin cushion. :wink: I went through that to work in Brazil only to find out that there was no vaccine for what was going around, Dengue Fever. :eek:</p>

<p>LIMOMOF2 – Sorry about the Tigers vs. Crimson result, in triple OT no less. We are probably going to go up in a couple of weeks to watch D2 cheer in her last football game… but, there’s always basketball season to further humiliate her by showing up. ;)</p>

<p>P56 – Yep, 4 years. My how time flies. ;)</p>

<p>Showmom – Thanx for reminding me that I need to get D2 home for Xmas!</p>

<p>RobD – I expect a full report on the Reverend Horton Heat / Unknown Hinson show. :wink: It should be an incredible show, you should really go… the office paperwork can wait! By day, Unknown Hinson is a session musician in Nashville and had been on hiatus from touring. </p>

<p>On the semi-wedding front, D1 was offered and accepted a new job this week. It is still in Richmond, but considerably more $, so she is happy about having that new stress in her life. ;)</p>

<p>In college news, D2 made an unprompted visit to Career Services, called to ask me questions about an application that she was completing, texted “I think I just applied for my first job,” and according to FB attended a Halloween Party. ;)</p>

<p>Good morning all! I’m awake on “old” time, obviously. :/</p>

<p>Had a great couple of days in Pittsburgh, where DH and I finished painting our kids new living room for them. Are we good parents or what? :smiley: Seriously, they seemed sort of overwhelmed, both working, trying to move into an older home that needs work, and trying to get it ready to host Thanksgiving for all of us (yeah, they may have been a tad ambitious there.) Anyway, H and I had some quality time rolling & brushing. Just like in the olden days. :D</p>

<p>^Son did treat us to lunch at Google, so the trip was totally worth it. :)</p>

<p>Going to see the COLLEGE boy today as we see a show on campus. CCM does such a great job on its musicals…I’m excited! </p>

<p>He is doing NaNoWriMo because, it seems, his CS major doesn’t keep him busy enough. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>good morning all.<br>
congrats to your D1 gsharp!!
have a great visit mommusic!
no trick or treaters here…gee that’s a shame…means i have to eat the candy</p>

<p>Hello. I’m eating lunch at a dining hall after ds2’s first college tour. :eek: here we go again! It will be quite different from ds1’s list as ds2 has some ld issues which impact grades. He’s a go getter and a doozer (fraggle rock anyone?) so if he can get accepted he will succeed! Wish us luck finding the right place for him! </p>

<p>Ds1 needs more PVC’s as he interviews tomorrow with his uni for a big scholarship opportunity. School will pick up to 4 to go forward. Of course I think he’s the perfect choice, perhaps there is bit of a bias, though :wink: </p>

<p>Enjoy your Monday.</p>

<p>Good morning. I am in Orlando at our national training conference for work. I will wander around a huge hotel for four days without getting outside. Ugh. But there’s plenty of coffee. Help yourselves.</p>

<p>Good morning! I am up early because we have house guests and THEY are up early. (Mixed blessing.) But one of them is my grandson so it’s ok! :)</p>

<p>aliceinw–Ugh indeed. And this is a nice time of year to be in Orlando. Can you at least go for an early morning walk before the sessions start?</p>

<p>Hey Alice! I’m at airport headed to Orlando for an industry convention. I’ll be spending lots of time in training and update seminars. At least the weather will be nice!</p>

<p>Please aim PVC’s at NJ at 2:30pm when ds will have his scholarship interview!</p>

<p>VAMom - there’s weather here? We never get outside the building.</p>

<p>Alice-I’m outside now and it’s beautiful. Sneak out and enjoy an hour or 10!</p>

<p>VAMom - I’m late but hope the scholarship interview went well!</p>

<p>Also requesting PVCs, for D and for me. Her roommate situation is becoming intolerable. Need PVCs for patience for her, and for wisdom for H and I to know what advice to give. You’d think we’d be past all this in senior year, but this is actually the first year she’s had a roommate problem - she just made a bad choice of roommate for this year.</p>

<p>Laf - so sorry about your D having a difficult roommate situation at this point. Sending PVCs and wisdom for all of you!</p>

<p>VaMom - hope the scholarship interview went well and that you have a great time in Orlando, even if you are there for work.</p>

<p>Alice - wishing you a little fun in Orlando too!</p>

<p>GSharp - congrats to the Tigers for their win over Harvard last week. I somehow missed that with everything else that is going on these days.</p>

<p>Congrats to your D1 on her new job. Exciting news!</p>

<p>Coffee’s ready. </p>

<p>Sending PVCs to Laf and your D. Roommate issues are no fun. </p>

<p>S called last night. High stress as expected nd likely to remain so till next Thursday. He has a lot on his plate - including some preliminary job interviews!</p>

<p>good morning, thanks for the coffee alice!!</p>

<p>S2 texted yesterday… really tough mid term in advanced molecular genetics… was hoping it would be scaled as most didnt do well… well poop, one person got an A sooooo no scaling. he’s worried he is looking at his first c</p>

<p>pvc’s to laf and vamom!!</p>

<p>Happy Wednesday.</p>

<p>Laf - sending PVCs your way.</p>

<p>Alice - hope your S feels less stressed soon.</p>

<p>p56 - crossing my fingers it won’t be a C for your S.</p>