Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Woohoo, Well wishes to G# and family on this fun and wonderful event weekend!</p>

<p>HELLO everyone! It’s been a while but I had to stop in and wish the GSharp family a happy wedding weekend! :slight_smile: </p>

<p>I’m posting from an airport, but this time it is because I am waiting for D2’s (delayed) plane to arrive, ergh! Yeah, I know it’s a day early, but tomorrow is a day full of pedicures, tuxes, and rehearsal so I probably won’t have much CC time, and I didn’t want Aliceinw stuck at the office too late. Better yet Alice… take tomorrow off.</p>

<p>Hero of the Week – Momannoyed’s Award Winning S! Jeff Ruby’s, here you come! And I’m taking some credit for Sunday’s Reds win.</p>

<p>Heroine of the Week – Jackief’s Grad School and apartment-bound D! Don’t worry, those theses just do themselves. ;)</p>

<p>Tiredofsnow – Glad you enjoyed Williamsburg too. It is a really calming place to me for some reason. Thanx for taking care of RIC in my absence for me.</p>

<p>12rmh18 – Thanx for also keeping the airports company for me.</p>

<p>VAMom2015 – Sounds like your DS’s summer is shaping right up! Your concerns about the video system sound a lot like the ones I had when D2 was handling rare books and manuscripts.</p>

<p>Lima – Sending PVC to you and S-2014!</p>

<p>Well I logged in here to wish those who celebrate a pleasant holiday and ran straight into a boat-load of well wishes. Thanx everybody! I’d invite every one of you over for breakfast, but someone filled the tank on the “Stress Mobile” and with Kate and Pippa at the wheel, so you’re probably better off at McDonald’s. ;)</p>

<p>I’d give a college update, but this weekend is all about D1! ;)</p>

<p>EDIT: D2’s texted me that she is finally on her plane that “seems to be sized for elves.”</p>

<p>Happy wedding weekend, G#. Hope everyone has a wonderful time! Congrats to your D!</p>

<p>Can you believe that our kids are going to graduate soon? What is next for the graduates? Does anyone have jobs lined up? Anyone job searching? Grad school plans?</p>

<p>My S will go to law school in the fall. </p>

<p>maybe I should put some ~O) out.</p>

<p>Yay for your S sacchi. My D is going to do a 2 year master’s program. It will be good prep for either a PhD or perhaps a teaching job afterwards. It is in a somewhat different area than her undergrad, so the master’s made sense over PhD apps where she would not have been competitive for the top programs. The best part from my POV is that it is funded :-bd - tuition plus a TA stipend which will allow her to frugally fund herself </p>

<p>Hi, sacchi. My ds is doing Americorps. Best part – it’s in our town!</p>

<p>A little bird told me this is G#'s big weekend! Best wishes to him and his family!</p>

<p>No news here. S1 seems to be doing fine on the left coast. S2 says he’s feeling a bit of senioritis - hope not too much! He’s spending his weekends at Wellesley. :smiley: He’s still job hunting anyone have any ideas for an IR major with four years of Arabic under his belt?</p>

<p>mathmom, it seems like the government could use an IR major with Arabic skills!</p>

<p>I’m coming out of hibernation to wish GSharp a wonderful wedding weekend!</p>

<p>I’m also stepping out of hibernation, under a new name, to send good wishes to G# and his D for a wondeful wedding day! (aka BUandBC)</p>

<p>I’d offer breakfast, but you know, 26+ years ago, on my very first day as a dad, I proudly brought home a little pink diaper pail. Yeah, it eventually was filled with over-priced shoes. But, today it is empty and they are asking me to “give away” the matching pink bundle. This is the cruelest day ever. I guess that not showing up isn’t really an option. ;)</p>

<p>Bless you, GSharp!! I hope your little girl has the day she’s dreamed of. Don’t worry, she’ll always need her Daddy.</p>

<p>Hopes for a wonderful day headed your way G#. I’ll be thinking about you taking that walk, knowing I’ll have that same walk someday. </p>

<p>How sweet G#, you and mama# have each others shoulder to cry tears of joy on and bask in your DD’s elation this wonderful day. Hope your tux shoulder is super absorbent!</p>

<p>G# – remember to breathe and take it all in!</p>

<p>I watched a Say Yes to the Dress marathon last night in your honor! Can’t wait to hear all about it.</p>

<p>Thinking of the G# family! </p>

<p>Also thinking of the GSharp family today! </p>

<p>Best wishes to G# and family! </p>