Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

@artloversplus, it’s been a while since I checked this thread. I hope the situation is improving in Brooklyn and that your daughter is finally getting some rest. Kudos to your wife on her PPE campaign! Every little bit does help!

Reporting from our ‘Retirement’ (CCRC) home where we have been sequestered for 3 months! No visitors in and no going out! Hubby had ‘fall issues’ and was hospitalized in February (before the 'pandemic) and since returning to our home mid-March has gotten progressively weaker. No Therapy and just laying around in his recliner is not a good thing! We are still in a ‘Yellow’ zone & I do not see things getting better anytime soon! The GOOD news is everyone in our (extended) family is OK - DGS (subject of Class of 2010) still in his original job in Washington, married October 2019, and just bought a home in Alexandria! OMG - how is that already possible? We are now GREAT-GRANDPARENTS of 3 girls and 1 boy -(all beautiful and SMART - LOL!) Life is busy watching the family grow and grow. (Weddings, Babies and House buying - OH MY!) My goal is to stick around and be a ‘HELICOPTER’ GREAT-GRANDMA. Love, love hearing from all the ‘originals’ that I’ve followed all these years. Wishing everyone happy times - Stay SAFE & SANE in this crazy ‘new’ world!

I absolutely cannot believe this thread is still here! What wonderful memories.

My son graduated from Northeastern with a degree in Music Industry. He then got a job in the music industry and had a very successful career until February 2020 when due to a serious health issue he had to resign. Then COVID hit NYC hard. He is (thankfully) on the road to recovery but having a hell of a time finding a new job (in any industry) in NYC. He lives with his boyfriend and they are happy together. Hopefully he will land on his feet soon.

I hope that all of you are doing well and, of course, your children too. Best wishes to all!

Hello, @pugmadkate ! Good to ‘see’ you! Glad to hear your S is feeling better, but a bummer he couldn’t go on disability for a while.

S2 is an expat in an Eastern European country – has been there almost three years now. Loves it there and before Covid, was able to do a lot of cheap travel when not working. Someday he’ll come back!

Hello everyone,
Have not been to CC for a while, how is every one? I see for a year there were no messages on this thread. Just to check in.
Regarding my DD, she is on her way “graduating” from her residency in OB/Gyn. But she wants to go on to fellowship. I still cannot see the end of the tunnel yet.
Best

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 2).