Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>On mini-fridges: I need to find one that is “no larger than 24” high, 18" deep and 18" wide." I could order from the college bookstore, which is reasonably priced, but I really want a fridge with a freezer section. T_c’s link claims to have one but is too large for my requirements. Is this just a lost cause?</p>

<p>Thanks for the warm welcome back :)</p>

<p>Keil - I read a bunch of reviews of minifridges, both on CC and elsewhere, and the general consensus is that in ones less than ~3.5 cubic feet the freezers are pretty useless, tend to frost quickly and oftentimes don’t really keep things frozen. I wanted a good freezer, too, but ultimately I decided to have a smaller and more useful one instead.</p>

<p>i think our students on the forum are our mind savers!!! they dont make a mess, they are polite, not moody, are eager to dorm shop, … ahhhhhh dreamy</p>

<p>t_c: I’m a little late, but welcome back, and your housing situation sounds really nice! The fridge seems good, too…my roommate and I still need to talk about that! </p>

<p>Regarding hookah, it’s definitely present here, though I don’t know if it’s a big thing. People do it, though. I’ve never tried it, nor have I watched anyone else do it, so I don’t know much about it. Not really my or my friends’ thing.</p>

<p>t_c, Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip and returned home safely. </p>

<p>I wish S would get his roommate assignment so they can start coordinating about a fridge, microwave, etc. All this drawn-out time of not being able to take car of details that need to be done is driving me nuts. I don’t do well living in limbo. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>Welcome, CheckersMidwest!</p>

<p>lilmom, you, your dad, and your family will be in my thoughts. I hope your dad has a successful outcome for his surgery.</p>

<p>parent56, thanks for posting the wonderful wedding video. Absolutely beautiful!</p>

<p>For a while my husband worked with a bunch of Lebanese students who would bring a hookah to every lab outing. I tried it once (I don’t smoke) and I have to admit I can see the attraction. Very smooth, and the flavored smokes are tasty. I think the first year we were in Pittsburgh I saw a few hookah bars, but I haven’t noticed them on recent trips. (We may just be taking a different route through town - construction changes things all the time and my son moved.)</p>

<p>Peeking back in from my lurking mode to say how wonderful parent56’s wedding video was. What a beautiful, vivacious bride and handsome groom. Every detail of the wedding looked perfect - she’s no doubt going to have great success as a wedding consultant. I was particularly touched by the 2nd song as it was in our dancing mix for my wedding last year. In fact my anniversary (July 16) might have been the same day as ACM’s (?)</p>

<p>DS2 is traveling this week. I’ve been collecting BB&B coupons, and when he gets back we’re going to have serious discussions regarding dorm furnishings. His class has a Facebook page and I’ve been so entertained (vicariously) by the girls’ postings there about their decorating plans. Postings from the boys on the same subject: nada. Coordination with DS2’s roommate: doubtful.</p>

<p>His college sent a bill but I’ve been holding off paying because I’ll have to sell some of his stock funds to do so, and the market has been doing so well I hated to sell. Looks like I waited a day too late :(</p>

<p>happy belated anniversary vballmom!!</p>

<p>What a gorgeous videos. I always thought no one really needed a video, but I think I’ve changed my mind!</p>

<p>Parent56, the video looked so fabulous, I cannot be more happy for your family. Before I looked at the video, I knew the new couple will be splendid and beautiful, but I am more shocked to see the parents are also so elegant as well. I am so envy about your family, I wish when my DD got married, I can capture 1/10 of the beauty that video had displayed.</p>

<p>vballmom, yep July 16 is our anniversary too. 22 years, this was your first anniversary? Congratulations!</p>

<p>Happy Belated Anniversaries to anothercrazymom and vballmom! It’ll be 23 years for us in a few weeks.</p>

<p>Congrats on your housing assignment, t_c. Hope r6l is just as happy with hers as you are.</p>

<p>So, how have you all gotten your kids to start cleaning out their rooms? So far, I haven’t had much luck with D.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Clean out? Not a chance. </p>

<p>I’m bringing an empty box home from work tonight. Son can put anything he values in there and we’ll save it forever. Any junk left behind after he moves to college will go to Goodwill or the garbage man.</p>

<p>mathmom, i was like you when son told me, photographer AND videographer… but even though i absolutely love the photos i’ve seen so far, the video just seems more real life…with excitement and movement, and as i said earlier i love the section with super 8 film, that just feels so old-fashioned family movie to me LOL. my son does independent film and knows the videographer so i’m sure the quirkiness of the video had his input too.</p>

<p>how sweet artlover+, but i’m sure your daughter will so beautiful it wont matter what the setting, she will shine!!</p>

<p>Thanks for the anniversary wishes :slight_smile: Yes, it’s our first, and we’re still blissfully happy. We didn’t have a video made of our wedding but we chose our photographer carefully and were thrilled with how the photos came out - it was so worth it to hire a good photographer. I can put a couple of photos on the prom site if anyone’s interested.</p>

<p>

Just make sure you look inside any plastic bags he leaves around before you take them to the street. Buzz and Jessie could be in there. ;)</p>

<p>yes please vballmom!! </p>

<p>and there are more wedding photos at haydenandmatt.com 2 links…the professional photos click on the seattle link </p>

<p>and then below that is another link where people are uploading their photos, more there</p>

<p>parent56 - forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the wedding video. It was so beautifully done! Thank you for sharing it with us. :slight_smile: They look so happy together - very much in love.</p>