Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

Does anyone know who my avatar is (without googling it)?

TBH, I would be shocked if anyone can recognize him. I certainly wouldn’t. So I’ll give a hint. He’s a Serbian-American who did his famous work in the late 1800’s / early 1900’s.

@mtrosemom we have 3 boys in our troop that finished their projects this year and will be getting Eagle before the end of the year. We plan to do a combined Court of Honor after the Holidays.

@thshadow, didn’t recognize it from the photo, but your description gave me enough to make a good guess (which google images tells me is correct). Won’t give it away until everyone else gets to make a guess, too, though.

@thshadow - Tesla, right?
DH and I were watching Men Who Built America this weekend. Sorry for the giveaway. :frowning:

@hadmeathello haha you would think! But no, I’m thinking something chill, or something adventurous. I would be someone who would want to change my avatar with my mood but i guess that isn’t very helpful for association as previously mentioned!

@thshadow I recognized immediately because my son and I play a board game about civilization/nation building and he is a card that you can use to upgrade your technology.

Sooo… Disney

As I type I headed to the airport leaving a fun but short weekend at Disney for the Food and Wine Festival and the Wine and Dine race weekend. On Saturday I ran a 10k, yesterday a half Marathon and the combo of the two meant I completed lumieres 2 course challenge. Some pretty cool Disney bling and a great after party.

Suffice to say I’m a bit of a Disney fan. This was a girls adult only race trip. I’ve done those, couples only trips and many family trips.

The kids are a bit over it but not so much that there weren’t requests for things for me to bring home and it will be a small part of S17’s graduation trip, as will universal.

@thshadow,. recognized because my EE specialization was electromagnetic waves; went into software developement rather than antenna design, but you don’t forget the pain. Years of wandering around mumbling about TEM modes and making sure I was using my right hand for curls and gradients.

I guess after 25+ years, the pain has given way to a grudging respect.

But I still remember the pain…

I love the avatars!

Welcome @Building and @HeavyLidded I feel like there’s a clown car and the lurkers keep on coming out!

And in other news…my D just got her first acceptance to Tulane! Got it the old fashioned way by mail. Very exciting. She is so relieved to have an acceptance in hand. She only applied to two other schools and we will find out the ED one in December. But now she’s not as anxious knowing there’s a backup.

Congrats!!! @greeny8

@greeny8 Congrats!!! <:-P

@greeny8 Wow!! Congratulations!!

@greeny8 …congrats on Tulane!

@Dolemite …congrats on full tuition @ Pitt!!!

@Dolemite Congrats on the very nice scholarship to Pitt!!!

Ok… got a new avatar.

@Calimom3 I like your hands. How do you type?

Congratulations to everyone for their acceptances and scholarships! Just waiting on EA applications and D17 is getting additional supplements for 12/1 RD.

Congrats to @Dolemite, @carachel2, @greeny8! And welcome to all the newbies (I’m pretty new myself…), and congrats to all the Eagle and near-Eagle Scouts!

@Dolemite congrats on the Pitt scholarship!

@greeny8 congrats on Tulane!

Congrats @Dolemite and @greeny8 That’s terrific! Roll Pitt! Roll Wave!