Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

@MichiganGeorgia – oh no! My son spent an entire day trying to cut 150 words from his CA essay for another school’s 500 word limit. I feel your son’s pain…

@MichiganGeorgia One word at a time won’t work. Start by cutting out entire paragraphs. Then re-read to see if it still makes sense. Be sure to save those paragraphs elsewhere for potential future use.

Good luck!

I’ve moved from curious, to nervous, to stressed to surprisingly calm but somewhat anxious in my son’s college search and application process. There’s not much to do except sit and wait. And wait. And check portals, And wait.

I like how some of you have some answers already, some working on 11/15 deadlines, and some thinking about 1/1/17 deadlines. At least those keep you busy!! No Fafsa or CSS work to do either. Boring I say!

I am only stressed out for boys semi-final soccer game tonight. Could be another good one.

Good luck to him @RightCoaster !

Good luck tonight @RightCoaster !!!

Hi Everyone. Umm, another delurker with an avatar stopping to say ‘hi’! =;

@bigMACguyver – wondering when you were going to join. Welcome!

@bigMACguyver Love the avatar and handle! Welcome!

I think I ‘owe’ it all to you @STEM2017!

I love seeing all the new names here

@bigMACguyver

Parents of HS Class of 2017 - One team, one dream!

Just signed up for a local U.K. College panel next week. sigh.

@RightCoaster My S19 semi-final soccer game is this Friday. The last sectional game was super exciting too…ending in a 1-1 tie after double overtime. Our team won in PKs (while I love the outcome…I hate games being decided this way. I wish they would just continue with OT and gradually reduce the number of field players until a goal is scored)

@MichiganGeorgia, If you S cuts the words right, he will have 2 essays when he’s done! (trying to find something positive in hi dilemma)

Ha! I get it @mtrosemom. Avatar = empty nest (other than being stuck with your old H)!

@RightCoaster I’m taking a chance and wishing your team good luck - my S17 (in MA) school team also has a semi-final tonight. We do not have a c on the team though so no skin in the game.

@itsgettingreal17 =D>

Wecome, @bigMACguyver.
DD has three apps due by 11/15. She is not motivated to write any essays after SATII last weekend.

@AngelaD – My DS was like that after a big exam too. Hopefully she’ll feel better by this weekend. Maybe you can help her rework ones she has already written? We are running on fumes a but but many supps to go so trying anyway we can to get them done by Dec. Good luck to you!!

Welcome @bigMACguyver nice to have you join us!