Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

@itsgettingreal17 Aha! The ACT info is there.

Unfortunately, we only have 3 years worth of data now (I know, at least we have that as some here don’t even have Naviance). Also, I believe the statistics page is really gone. I used it frequently to see the average GPA and ACT score variance between EA and RD acceptances.

Huh. On the new scattergrams, my dd GPA is accurate, her ACT is accurate, her SAT (2400 scale with writing) is accurate, but the SAT (1600 scale) is off. The SAT (1600 scale) isn’t her “old SAT” critical reading + math, isn’t the total of either of her “new SAT” sittings, and isn’t a superscore of her “new SAT” scores.
Perplexing.

Add me to the really dislike the change to naviance. I gave them very negative feedback. For example, it was very useful for me to know that Columbia has only accepted students who applied ED from my daughter’s school in the last few years. It doesn’t matter that many higher stats kids applied RD as they did not get in. This information s no longer available. Bummer! I had previously taken screenshots of the info when it went through class of 2015 and again when it updated to include class of 2016 for everywhere my DD was applying. For the schools that accept few students, the comparison was very enlightening.

Congrats @itsgettingreal17! My D was accepted at UGA as well!

Congrats @itsgettingreal17 and @jeepgirl!

I’m not sure how I feel about Naviance cutting back on the number of years of data–on the one hand, it makes the data a lot sparser and harder to interpret, on the other, the older data may have been misleading for those schools that have gotten a lot more competitive recently. Whatever. We’re at the point where we’re mostly just waiting for decisions (two more apps to get in). It is what it is at this point.

But it definitely sucks for when we go through this again for D19!

@jeepgirl Congrats!!

I don’t see the breakdown in Naviance. That’s a definite negative.

@itsgettingreal17 - Your D was accepted to Ohio State today? My S is still in Evaluation.

@jpc763 Yes.

D is in at UT-Austin, McCombs! Still waiting on BHP.

Wow! Banner day at @itsgettingreal17’s house! Congrats! <:-P <:-P

@itsgettingreal17 – was that an email or is it in the portal?

Congrats!

@carachel2 portal

Congrats to all on the acceptances!

Congratulations @itsgettingreal17 and @jeepgirl !! <:-P <:-P

Congratulations on all the acceptances! It must be such a great feeling to have some answers and options on the table for college.

We still have about a month to wait before seeing any decisions. It’s a tough wait! The regular decision season will be much longer - I can hardly wait for that! Lol

Congrats on the acceptances coming in for UT & Ohio etc - great news.

Yay @jeepgirl <:-P

Congratulations @itsgettingreal17 and @jeepgirl! Very exciting way to start the weekend!