Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

Congrats! @jeepgirl and @showmetheMAC (I am assuming that since you suffer from an identity crisis that your words are equally confused! 8-} )

@Mom2aphysicsgeek - thanks, but I canā€™t ā€˜reallyā€™ check the mail for a few hours. :smiley:

QOTD:

Not hosting. We usually go to bro in laws house. Then we leave and go skiing.

I used to love thanksgving, but I am going to be mean and say I donā€™t enjoy it as much because the food is not very good and I have to deal with mom-in-law. My in-laws are terrible cooks and my mom-in-law is insane. I know that is bad talking like that, but just telling the reality. I just show up, stay out of the way, eat a roll or 2, watch tv, go for a long walk,bike ride etc. They have a very loud and argumentative family so I just keep a distance and it all works out.

We usually leave the next day, I stop for some food and coffee and head up to the mountains, so I am thankful for that

:smiley:

LOL @Mom2aphysicsgeek!

@kt1969 The NPC I did for Knox said this:

So I would think if there wasnā€™t any grants listed on your NPC they probably arenā€™t likely.

D was accepted to USC yesterday too. :slight_smile: Love that it was so early!

@stlarenas Thatā€™s what I figured. Thanks!

Grrr, IDOC still hasnā€™t processed the 1040 I uploaded last week for D17ā€™s ED application. I just did chat support with them and they say itā€™s taking up to 8 business days at this point to process docs. Just to warn anyone who has a deadline looming!

^^Yep, @thermom. We are in the same boat. Uploaded a week ago Monday and still not processed. Argh!

Congrats @jeepgirl !

@showmetheMAC Maybe No means Yes at UofSC. Did I cross the line?

LOL @STEM2017 I was more careful with my wording. [-X

@CAtransplant - you message @srk2017 and he tells you what to do!

@mtrosemom ok, thanks!

Are there any Kansas natives here? Iā€™d like some input on Pittsburg State. I wonā€™t let my D drop it from the list because it is 1) easy auto admit free app 2) looks to offer a lot of merit on top of already low cost 3) offers wide variety of biology/medical/premed options 4) has an interesting honors college option.

She applied and was accepted automatically but the scholarships and honors college apps are extra work due Jan 1. I am afraid she isnā€™t going to do them if I canā€™t get her excited about it.

We have scheduled and cancelled a visit 3 times now. Itā€™s a 5 hr drive and something keeps coming up. Iā€™m beginning to think I am pushing something that isnā€™t worth it. Wondering if anyone has firsthand knowledge of what the school is like.

(ā€¦I had major deja vue writing this post, if I already asked about this here I apologize ) #-o

OK, @Mom2aphysicsgeek & @STEM2017 D did receive the YES envelope from USCar today. :O) That takes a little sting out of the Pitt weekend-snub. Itā€™s been one of her top choices, even though they donā€™t have her exact major :smiley:

@showmetheMAC AWESOME! Congrats and congrats to all the acceptances this week.

And a big massive glass of Thanksgiving wine to all of us ā€”for hanging in there through the fall application season, essays, LOR requests, deadlines and more!

Congratulations to all admitted to South Carolina! @showmetheMAC @Mom2aphysicsgeek, et al.

Thanks a lot.

@xxiinn ā€¦thanks for what?! :slight_smile:

Congrats to all on the USCar acceptances!